Skipping Chapters

Steppy

I am currently getting used to my new Humax, but I have a question about chapters.

In the manual it states "Chapters are made by dividing the recorded programme into eight portions" and use |<< or >>| to go to the previous or next chapter, but these buttons are set up for "Jump" times?

It also states to use < / > (arrows either side of OK button) to jump to next scenes, but all this does is bring up the play bar and then when you press again or hold whizzes through the recording.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

I think you need to add bookmarks. There is a table on the page you are looking at that shows the buttons on the remote control. Bookmarks are added whilst playing back a recording and can be used to skip ads.
They are also used to mark crop points if you have installed the Customised Firmware and wish to cut out those ads.

I have been using the bookmark funtion already by manually adding to bits i want to watch again, then pressing the other button to get to them, but I read it that the humax automatically divided each recording into eight chapters.

What about the other part "< / > (arrows either side of OK button) to jump to next scenes"?

Also, can you explain when you say "Bookmarks are added whilst playing back a recording and can be used to skip ads" Does it automatically add them when the breaks start/finish?

Confused :(

I have been using the bookmark funtion already by manually adding to bits i want to watch again, then pressing the other button to get to them, but I read it that the humax automatically divided each recording into eight chapters.
You can only set eight bookmarks in the standard setup.

Also, can you explain when you say "Bookmarks are added whilst playing back a recording and can be used to skip ads" Does it automatically add them when the breaks start/finish?
You have used bookmarks so you must have done it whilst playing back. I have tried to set them whilst recording but haven't managed to do it.

So basically what the manual means is that using bookmarks creates a 'chapter', you can then skips these 'chapters' by using the >>| button

The way its written doesnt really explain it well, but at least I know I am not missing anything :)

I will ignore the < / > (arrows either side of OK button) part :D

When playing a recording, those cursor buttons you mention bring up a time line and enable you to quickly move the playback point anywhere on the time line. I don't know if this corresponds with what it says in the manual.

If you are playing from the time-shift buffer (press pause while watching live to enter the time-shift buffer), the cursor controls do the same thing.

I have tried the arrow keys and you say they do nothing on playback.
Although the manual says you can only use four bookmarks (I thought it was eight) I fired up an old recording to see how many I could set. I got up to ten and gave up.

When playing a recording, those cursor buttons you mention bring up a time line and enable you to quickly move the playback point anywhere on the time line. I don't know if this corresponds with what it says in the manual.

If you are playing from the time-shift buffer (press pause while watching live to enter the time-shift buffer), the cursor controls do the same thing.
I have just tried playing back a recording whilst it is recording and it is possible to set bookmarks from there. Not as quick as doing it from the completed recording though, where you can fast forward through.

I have tried the arrow keys and you say they do nothing on playback.
They work for me, I use them all the time - either native playback on the HDR or streamed playback on the HD. I'll plug a drive into the HD later and confirm that it works on native playback, but I have little doubt (update: confirmed).

They work for me, I use them all the time - either native playback on the HDR or streamed playback on the HD. I'll plug a drive into the HD later and confirm that it works on native playback, but I have little doubt.
It works for me now. Must have been doing something wrong. :rolleyes:

I am currently getting used to my new Humax, but I have a question about chapters.

In the manual it states "Chapters are made by dividing the recorded programme into eight portions" and use |<< or >>| to go to the previous or next chapter, but these buttons are set up for "Jump" times?

I dont think the 'chapters' refered to are the same as bookmarks. The bookmark limit is 32 not 8 and the manual's only other reference to 'chapters' is when talking about using the Humax remote to control a DVD, So I think they are DVD chapters e.g. not a Humax function at all.

Thank you.

Back