Sky player help

The current state is that it works in so much as it will connect and let you play the demo channel but login does not work (the remote server always returns login denied). This could be just that it is seeing the client identifier as 'Humax' and has been told to reject logins from that device or they could have changed the authentication protocol.

I'm fairly confident it could be made to work again with some effort but I haven't had any time to look at it.

I'm fairly confident it could be made to work again with some effort but I haven't had any time to look at it.

Do you think you will be able to look at it at some point af123? It's something my household really misses.

Thanks GDW

I'd also greatly appreciate your help in enabling this feature on the HDR

David

I've had this box for over a year now and it is great. I added the customized firmware with the hope of being able to use skyplayer, so very disappointed that I cannot log in. Has there been any progress with re-enabling skyplayer? Also do you know if the customized firmware will be able to support the bt sports channels in the future?

Bob

Interestingly the TV guide on the sky player app still works, it just seems to be the login problem. I don't think there has been an update of the iPhone sky go app since the humax sky player stopped working, which may suggest that it is indeed looking at what type of device is logging in, then rejecting it, as apposed to changing the encryption

There are only a few people likely to be able to look into the Skyplayer fix and as it holiday season there is likely to be a delay (I think af123 is away for another week). The BT Sport channels although similar to the TV portal stuff are not accessed in the same way, so I doubt the the Custom Firmware will give you anything you couldn't get without it (Currently BT Sport Freeview CH 57 working)

Any chance you might get some time to look at the Sky Player problem af123? It would be much appreciated if you can.

Thanks
GDW

I'm holding off getting virgin installed as this provided me with all the channels I would watch, let's hope it gets a work around in the future!

Does anyone know of the likelihood of sky player being set up for Christmas? I realise that work is ongoing with the custom portal, but Virgin are doing a decent deal in my area now and I'd hate to commit to their contract in time for the holidays, if there is a chance it could be up and running.

Any advice kindly appreciated

David

Although, as you say, some work has recently been re-started to get the Custom TV Portal working with the new Apps. Menus, If the problem is at 'Sky's End' i.e. Sky changed the way it works, it may not be possible to do anything. Despite Humax advertising Sky Player as a feature for the HDR-Fox T2 it has never been 'officially' launched by Humax

As far as I know, sky have disabled our access.
Sky must have changed their minds about being on freeview. They can afford to build a complex app and scrap it at the last minute. That's the kind of company they are. For an official reason, ask sky.
You would be best going with virgin or looking at getting a Now TV box for a tenner instead.

As far as I know, sky have disabled our access.
Sky must have changed their minds about being on freeview. They can afford to build a complex app and scrap it at the last minute. That's the kind of company they are. For an official reason, ask sky.
You would be best going with virgin or looking at getting a Now TV box for a tenner instead.
Ok, thanks for your input, I'll give virgin a call :)

Back