slow epg? Hdr-fox t2

disolar

I have had a slow epg for months.At the bottom of the schedule, programmes I had watched and deleted are always shown,like my emails are kept after deletion.[I don't know why]Three days ago I deleted all of them and my Epg has gone back to it's original speed.My software is 'fhtcp 1.03.12.Is anyone else aware of this?

I have had a slow epg for months.At the bottom of the schedule, programmes I had watched and deleted are always shown,[I don't know why]
The reason they are kept is that the Freeview standard lacks a way to signal that a series has ended (rather than just skipping a week) and hence the entries are kept for as long as the Series ID remains valid (13 weeks I think) at which point they are deleted.
Three days ago I deleted all of them and my Epg has gone back to it's original speed.
It was widely discussed when 1.03.12 first became available. My experience is that deleting expired schedule entries does usefully increase the EPG navigation speed but I don't think it as fast as 1.02.xx software versions.

The reason they are kept is that the Freeview standard lacks a way to signal that a series has ended (rather than just skipping a week) and hence the entries are kept for as long as the Series ID remains valid (13 weeks I think) at which point they are deleted.

It was widely discussed when 1.03.12 first became available. My experience is that deleting expired schedule entries does usefully increase the EPG navigation speed but I don't think it as fast as 1.02.xx software versions.
I think you are right Martin.It is not as fast,but it is twice as fast as it was.Also setting up a recording had become painfully slow,but that is fine now.

A lot of users (not all) have found that deleting the series entries with -- -- -- against them does improve the EPG lag, there is a thread about it HERE also I posted some measurements HERE

Last edited:
I wish there was a quicker way to delete the "dead" schedules. I know that you can delete all that currently have no recording scheduled, but I normally have a number of series that this would cause problems with (e.g Formula 1). For my money, some way of removing entries that had not been scheduled in the past 4 weeks (or user preferred period) would be nice (either automatic or manually invoked).

'Cleanup old recordings' followed by undeleting those that might still be active seems to work quite well for me.

What might be quite useful would be a way to transfer expired schedule entries into Remote Scheduling Auto-schedule entries to avoid the risk of missing the start of a new series of the show.

For instance 'Silent witness' has finished its current series with next series due next year, The current series started in January whilst we we were in Brazil and not paying close attention to the UK TV schedules.

Just guessing: the removals will go to the action pending list, from where they can be un-pended.

Update: Yup.

OK, wasn't thinking about it having to go through the pending list. Thanks Black Hole.

I had never tried it because of the 7 day threshold, but used like this it s much more versatile.
Maybe worth adding to the wiki Ezra?

I wish there was a quicker way to delete the "dead" schedules. I know that you can delete all that currently have no recording scheduled, but I normally have a number of series that this would cause problems with (e.g Formula 1). For my money, some way of removing entries that had not been scheduled in the past 4 weeks (or user preferred period) would be nice (either automatic or manually invoked).
Somebody previously suggested having check box selections for this (in the same way as the Browse page works I would guess).

Somebody previously suggested having check box selections for this (in the same way as the Browse page works I would guess).
I can't find it now though...

The next version will have a re-vamped schedule page with better options for deleting en-mass. The RS portal will subsequently receive the same treatment.

2015-02-06 15_44_38-Humax HDR Fox T2 (humax).png

Try webif 1.2.1-2..

Back