Sluggish remote on EPG with CF 2.22

I'll try the factory reset. Trouble is I don't watch much live TV as most of it isn't worth watching! So I record most things and then decide if I want to watch it. So I've quite a lot scheduled (yes, I know that can slow it down a bit). A factory reset means setting the schedule up again!! That's why I've not done it.

I really don't understand why the difference between your boxes and mine, but I have not deleted any reservations, reset or anything else and my epg is fine. Could it be the fact that I don't have bbc3\4 hd? You all seem to have it.

I've got BBC 3 HD from the Mendip (West) transmitter and BBC 4HD from the Wenvoe (Cardiff) transmitter as Mendip don't broadcast it yet. I do get issues with recording on these sometimes but as programmes are repeated endlessly over several days I don't actually miss anything :)

The EPG does tend to speed up a bit if you delete all of the old "scheduled recording entries". I.e. Those that hang around for three months after the series has finished.

I delete all the rubbish channels that I never watch including all the Adult channels and all the Radio channels, I have firmware 1.03.12 and my EPG is very quick for all operations, try that to see if it speeds up your EPG.

I only have 7 channels tuned into my boxes, and in some cases, no scheduled recordings. My EPG is still Very slow.

I don't have a problem with the EPG, perhaps that because my thought process are not fast enough to react to any slow response in the EPG;-)

Great comment!! I only noticed it a while and I thought things seemed to be going slowly. I then Googled it and found these various threads about it and realised it was an issue. Once you know about it the problem becomes a bit more obvious and annoying.

Just get used to the epg shortcuts:
P +/- : page up/down
RW/FF : +/- 2hrs
Skip |<< >>| : +/- 24hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get used to the epg shortcuts:
P +/- : page up/down
RW/FF : +/- 2hrs
Skip |<< >>| : +/- 24hrs
That's exactly the way I use it, plus the single up/down/left/right arrows once I reach the appropriate "page" in the EPG.

It works fine and shows no appreciable lag.

Back