Software + file format to save media to external hdd

Burgensteen

Does anybody know of the right software to use & file format to transfer my hdr fox t2 recordings to external hd/pc. I want to alter the format for file size, store the recordings externaly over network and play back over network (save space on internal hd + allow other devices to use the files).

There seems to be a lot of software out there but non of them recognize the file format. (handbrake/icoolsoft, etc).

Apologies for my ignorance with this as I've only just started looking in to it.

Thanks
Jon

There seems to be a lot of software out there but non of them recognize the file format. (handbrake/icoolsoft, etc).
Handbrake definitely works on the recording.ts files produced by the Humax, all files must be decrypted before you can edit them, there is a guide HERE in how to decrypt your files, although unless you install the Custom Firmware, you can only use the 'red box' path in the flow chart and Hi-Definition recordings will require FOXY to be used

Handbrake also sorts out those files that you download with DTS and won't play. The tip on MKVToolnix to make unplayable MKV files which was provided by a posters many moons ago here as I recall is very useful with the Humax. That being that newer MKV files have a slightly different header to the one that the Humax uses but passing it through MKVMerge puts the Humax friendly header on the file, whilst any subtitles you toggle off to play on the Humax. The tool doesn't recode the data just filters and repackages.

Thought I'd mention MKVMerge since this hasn't been mentioned recently and it's quite handy :).

Back