Software to generate .nts files?

Tim.ivn

Hi

Does anyone know if there is any software available which can scan any video file and then generate an accompanying .nts file so that the video file can be played on an HDR FOX T2 with full trick play functionality?

Thank you

+1

I used VideoReDo to convert the recordings I made on my Topfield PVR (.rec file format) into .ts format. Then using AV2HDR-T2 to generate the .nts sidecar files.

It took quite a while as I had over 500M of recordings SWMBO wanted to keep. Got it done though, and it was worth it.

Just be aware that AV2HDR-T2 is very picky about what it will and won't convert. The documentation is less than accurate about what it will accept and some things that you think comply with its requirements don't work - it can generate garbage files and/or crash trying.
I found it an exercise in frustration. Promises much, delivers little IMHO. Of course, if you have the right sort of file, then it will work for you.

Just be aware that AV2HDR-T2 is very picky about what it will and won't convert. The documentation is less than accurate about what it will accept and some things that you think comply with its requirements don't work - it can generate garbage files and/or crash trying.
I found it an exercise in frustration. Promises much, delivers little IMHO. Of course, if you have the right sort of file, then it will work for you.
Sorry you feel that way prpr, you can have a full refund. There are still many more grateful users who have successfully used AV2HDR-T2 to import their own video. If you find this utility so lacking in merit then perhaps you would care to write a better one, rather than just rubbishing AV2HDR-T2 at every opportunity you get.

I speak as I find (found, as I've deleted it permanently). If it wasn't (mostly) rubbish for what I wanted, then I wouldn't rubbish it. In any case, I was only giving MY opinion, just like somebody else was giving their opinion. Sorry if you don't like it, but that's the way it is. I'm as free to speak as you are, or anyone else is.
I would attempt to write a better one if you or someone would care to provide some info. I know however that you won't as you like to keep all this info. to yoursel(f|ves) - seems odd given that all Linuxy type stuff is open source.
I also know that you are not interested in fixing the bugs that cause it to crash. If you were, you might have done something about it before now.

I would attempt to write a better one if you or someone would care to provide some info. I know however that you won't as you like to keep all this info. to yoursel(f|ves)
Why wouldn't (I|we) ?
Here you go, these are the file formats of the HMT and NTS files on the T2. This information was documented by myself by spending many hours painstakingly analyzing the files with a hex editor, so you've got a massive head start from where I began with no information at all. Transport stream (TS) file formats are well enough documented on the web. I'm sure you can find this out for yourself, unless you want me to spoon feed you all the way.
seems odd given that all Linuxy type stuff is open source.
AV2HDR-T2 is a Windows application in case you hadn't noticed. The HMT and NTS files are Humax's own formats and have never been published. Definitely not 'Linuxy type open source'.

There is no reason now for you to not write a 'better' application. I look forward to your release of the 'all input file types supported, bug free' version. In the meantime I won't be holding my breath.

Attachments

• T2 NTS Format.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 49
  • T2 HMT Format.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 24
You might be a super smart-arse, but you can't write code that doesn't crash.
And of course I know that AV2HDR-T2 is a Windows application. That is my second complaint against it - it would be much better to make it a Linux app. running on the T2 itself.

You might be a super smart-arse, but you can't write code that doesn't crash.
I have already provided you with more than enough information for you to attempt to write your own application, (which was your stated intention, given said information). However, it would appear that the only thing you are actually capable of, is posting more insults and adverse comments.
And of course I know that AV2HDR-T2 is a Windows application. That is my second complaint against it - it would be much better to make it a Linux app. running on the T2 itself.
If you wish to retain any degree of credibility on this forum then put your money where your mouth is, and do what you said you would. Write a better app, Linux or otherwise, instead of just bad-mouthing the efforts of others.

I would attempt to write a better one if you or someone would care to provide some info.
This was prpr's reply to Wallace, posted in another thread, in response to his earlier statement of intent as quoted above.
We are still waiting for you to write the bug free alternative for Raydon's program.
Hell will probably freeze first. If/when I do, then I'm just gonna keep it to myself anyway... :p

Could there be some back pedalling going on here ?

He seems to be unwilling, or the more likely, DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY, to write a utility anything like AV2HDR-T2. (I can use caps too.)
He then continues to say that if, and when, he ever did write one, it would never be made available for public scrutiny. How convenient.
Sounds like a lame excuse to me, but I'll let forum members make their own minds up about that.

He can continue to criticise my utility, which was written and made freely available for the benefit other T2 owners, but the truth is, he is not remotely qualified to make judgements about things he so obviously knows so little about.

Maybe he should stick to cribbing other peoples scripts, (as in 'swapper' taken directly from xyz321's 'fix-disk'), That's just about his level.

I have already provided you with more than enough information for you to attempt to write your own application, (which was your stated intention, given said information). However, it would appear that the only thing you are actually capable of, is posting more insults and adverse comments.
If you wish to retain any degree of credibility on this forum then put your money where your mouth is, and do what you said you would. Write a better app, Linux or otherwise, instead of just bad-mouthing the efforts of others.
I have no desire to do so any more, and certainly not for anybody on here.

He seems to be unwilling, or the more likely, DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY, to write a utility anything like AV2HDR-T2. (I can use caps too.)
Frankly, you have no clue of anyone else's abilities.
He can continue to criticise my utility, which was written and made freely available for the benefit other T2 owners, but the truth is, he is not remotely qualified to make judgements about things he so obviously knows so little about.
I WILL continue to rubbish AV2HDR-T2, BECAUSE IT IS ALMOST COMPLETE RUBBISH.

YOUR CONTINUED REFUSAL TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR SMALL MINDED PETTINESS.
I don't care what you think about me, in the same way you don't care what I think of you.
Maybe he should stick to cribbing other peoples scripts, (as in 'swapper' taken directly from xyz321's 'fix-disk'), That's just about his level.

prpr writes:
THIS HAS BEEN EDITED HERE (AND NOT BY THE AUTHOR) - CRITICISM OF RAYDON HAS BEEN REMOVED.

I never claimed it was anything other than a packaging of info. designed to make it easier for people to use.
At least I did it. Nobody else did, including YOU.

For what it's worth (not that you'll care) I just took the info. from posts here, rather than reading anyone else's scripts (yes, that info. probably came from someone reading someone's scripts). Would you rather I changed the filename just to makes it look different to what someone else did? There are only a limited number of ways you can write something like this, but hey, why let that stop you having a go at me, eh?

Anyway, what's wrong with that? Most stuff is written by taking an existing idea and enhancing it. How do you think most of this got where it is? Or do you want to claim credit for everything everybody has written because you started it all?

You're the one complaining, but as there is nothing else to compare it with...

Show us you can do better, or as I said shut up.

I retract everything. AV2HDR-T2 is the absolute most bestest software in the whole wide world, nay universe.
It will do anything anybody wants and more. There is no need for anyone to write anything else ever. It is the ultimate.
All creators of anything can just give up and bask in its everlasting glory.

That doesn't work either because we know it isn't and the sarcasm is noted.

Raydon's utility is the only one there is AFAIK. It may well have limitations and bugs. I personally have never had a need for it, but if I did there would be no choice but to try it and hope it solved the problem. The issue is not that you have reported that it does not work on the media files you have tried, but that you claim it is of no use at all (clearly some people have found it of use) and that you could do better. We're still waiting, with declining interest.

AV2HDR is the only game in town, and until there is another there is no point (and, indeed, a disservice) in dissing it at every opportunity.

I merely pointed out my lack of success with it to a) try and get some interest from the author in fixing it and b) try and stop other people from wasting their lives with it as I had.
The author spends a lot more time defending his junk than he will ever do in fixing it. One wonders why he bothered in the first place. What a waste of effort.

I didn't claim it was no use at all. I said it was MOSTLY no use. Re-read post 5 (which I have not edited, unlike some people who like to change history).
I never claimed I could do better either, so please check your facts and don't put words in my mouth. I said I would have a go. I never expected such negative enthusiasm (from the outset really). Nor did I expect to have to reinvent the wheel.

Frankly I am probably not even going to bother contributing anything here again - I will just take, take, take from now on. I've learnt a lot in the last year or so and wanted to try and pay back what little I can. I now know that it is utterly futile unless you are one of the self-appointed Gods.

Back