Software Update

GSD

I received an email from Humax last Friday which implied that a new software update for the Foxsat HDR Freesat Recorder would be broadcast OTA on 1st June. I assumed that this meant that the update would take place overnight last night but as nothing has happened and clicking on 'Automatic Update' doesn't produce anything I would be grateful for any advice that anyone may have.

Many thanks, GSD.

I received an email from Humax last Friday which implied that a new software update for the Foxsat HDR Freesat Recorder would be broadcast OTA on 1st June. I assumed that this meant that the update would take place overnight last night.
I think your assumption was wrong. Software updates usually start at 10am on the stated date; try again after 10am.

I think your assumption was wrong. Software updates usually start at 10am on the stated date; try again after 10am.

Martin, many thanks for this and I was assuming that the Foxsat HDR updated at 04.00 as our 9200T does. However as the Foxsat definitely hasn't updated yet as of 1.50 this morning does this happen automatically, say on the hour each hour, or do I have to click on 'Automatic Update' or 'Manual Update' to initiate this? If so anybody who hasn't had an email from Humax regarding this would be a bit lost.

Many thanks, GSD.

I was assuming that the Foxsat HDR updated at 04.00 as our 9200T does.
I think it will update automatically overnight but not until the software is broadcast. It should automatically update over the next 24 hours.

I think it will update automatically overnight but not until the software is broadcast. It should automatically update over the next 24 hours.

Thanks for this. By the way I meant to say that the software hadn't updated yet at 11.50 rather than 1.50 this morning - apologies for the typo - and indeed it still hasn't. I'l let you know when it has. GSD.

PS. At 15.30 today I managed to download the update by clicking on 'Software Update, and then 'Automatic Update'. The whole process took about 20 minutes, albeit that the loader version hasn't changed. Having read Section 13 of the user manual again I think that it's clear that once the OTA update has been released it will be automatically downloaded in the early morning during the next or following nights so as not to clash with user viewing or recording activities. However this will presumably only happen if 'Automatic Update' has been preselected as the default setting. GSD.

Back