Software version 1.00.26

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Barry over on myhumax.org has reported that a new software version 1.00.26 is available for the 9150/9300 which fixes a number of long standing issues viz:

Resolve Individual Series Recordings disappearing from the schedule
Improved accurracy for programmes that start early
Improved schedule priority
Improved Recording failures due to broadcaster changes
Improved Network Change Descriptor process

Currently you can download it from http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-sd but it will soon be available on the main Humax site and OTA.

No news yet on a 9200 version.

upgraded OTA about 1020, took about ten mins inc rescan after recommened default settings, talked mother thru it painlessly back in devon too!

not sure i'll notice any change cos its mainly used as a clock these days, just running down the recordings and then it'll be on its merry way!

This downloaded overnight, and seems to have installed without problems (including recommended reset to defaults). Any early adopters have any handle on whether any of the documented fixes improve the general stability issues (i.e. random periodic loss of settings and recording schedule) with the last version?

One thing I can report: I had one of my 9300's periodic filesystem corruptions at the end of June, repaired with humaxrw as usual by copying the files off, formatting and then restoring (the fourth time in a year of ownership). This morning, after the update and reset to defaults, none of the 'repaired' programmes will play - I just get a black screen.

Everything I've recorded after the restore plays fine. I'm now restoring the backup again (fortunately I hadn't deleted anything). I'll report back whether it works or not.

*UPDATE*
Restored all programmes from my original backup - all playing fine. Weird.

Keith

My Humax 9300T didn't update between the 1st and 3rd of August, and shows that I still have the software version 1.00.23 updated on May 10. Has anyone any idea why my box may not have updated, and what I may have to do to update (I don't have a computer with an RS232 so can't manually update)

thanks

Martin

My Humax 9300T didn't update between the 1st and 3rd of August, and shows that I still have the software version 1.00.23 updated on May 10. Has anyone any idea why my box may not have updated, and what I may have to do to update (I don't have a computer with an RS232 so can't manually update)

thanks

Martin

Was the unit left in standby? Are downloads enabled? (Menu>Installation>software update> reg auto update> enable).

No doubt the download will be repeated shortly.

I missed the OTA update, so bought an RS232 cable, downloaded the loader and software, pressed "download" on the loader and switched on the set-top box at the back. The dialogue box just sat there saying "waiting for Humax connection". I assume that either the port on the laptop or on the set-top box or the cable is malfunctioning, but just in case ....... am I doing something wrong?

I missed the OTA update, so bought an RS232 cable, downloaded the loader and software, pressed "download" on the loader and switched on the set-top box at the back. The dialogue box just sat there saying "waiting for Humax connection". I assume that either the port on the laptop or on the set-top box or the cable is malfunctioning, but just in case ....... am I doing something wrong?

Did you buy a 'null modem' RS232 cable?

You could check the cable with a continuity tester, a null modem cable has pin two at one end of the cable connected to pin three at the other end of the cable, and pin three connected to pin two at the other end.

You could check the cable with a continuity tester, a null modem cable has pin two at one end of the cable connected to pin three at the other end of the cable, and pin three connected to pin two at the other end.

Haven't got the tech to do this - but thanks for the replies, I'm off to buy a null modem cable .....!

Following on from my earlier post, I can confirm that the random reset / complete schedule loss bug is still present with this new firmware version.

Shame.

I have just noticed that another repeat of UPTTF 1.00.26 is currently being broadcast OTA until 9:00 am tomorrow Wed 13/2/2013.

Back