Software version 1.03.02

Wow! That's a turn up for the books. I've grabbed it (not that it's a lot of use until tweaked...)

I am intrigued by the software version number. The earliest version released into the wild for the HDR-FOX was 1.03.06. Does the version number of 1.03.02 imply that the software still has the BBC3HD/ BBC4HD recording bug? How about the EPG scrolling speed? The release notes say it has iPlayer V3? I don't think this version is still available, but on the HDR-FOX (and HDR-2000T) the update to V4 was accomplished by an app update rather than a full software update.

A late christmas! Goes nicely with the snow and traffic chaos this morning : )

This HDF was built on the 9th of December 2014.
Includes loader 7.27.
The non-working Sky player has been removed from flash.
Looks like a similar set of changes to the the 1.03 release series for the HDR models including the changes to the TCP congestion algorithm.

Will have a more detailed look at it this evening.

As no one else has said it, I do think we should, as a community, express our appreciation that Humax have released a software update for a box that has been out of production for some years. Long may it continue with this policy.

Last edited:
Thanks. You do RC. I was struggling to remember what it was without looking it up!

I've not done extensive testing, and haven't deleted the EPG files to ensure a level playing field, but navigation of the EPG on a HD-FOX running 1.03.02 seems noticeably quicker than the HDR-FOX running 1.03.12.

I've not done extensive testing, and haven't deleted the EPG files to ensure a level playing field, but navigation of the EPG on a HD-FOX running 1.03.02 seems noticeably quicker than the HDR-FOX running 1.03.12.

Maybe Humax have improved the EPG speed and this is the improvement's first outing?

Not on mine. My 1.03.02 is about the same as a 1.03.12.

It could be the EPG database. The HD-FOX was boxed until a couple of days ago and I have not checked how much data is in the respective EPG.DAT files.

Is this with an external HDD? Without one, the HD-FOX doesn't have a persistent EPG file (or at least the WebIF complains it doesn't).

It was an HD-FOX running firmware 1.03.02/ CFW 3.01, with an 8GB USB stick. The EPG navigation is slower than when it was on 1.02.xx firmware, but it does seem zippier than an HDR-FOX on 1.03.12/ CFW 3.00, particularly when holding down a direction key rather than making discrete key presses. I was wondering how to make a fair comparison as I know that the navigation of the EPG (at least on the HDR-FOX) slows down if old EPG data is not cleared out. Drop into maintenance mode, I suppose, and delete the EPG database first? Is this necessary or can the database just be deleted using FTP (betaftpd with root access)?

Drop into maintenance mode, I suppose, and delete the EPG database first? Is this necessary or can the database just be deleted using FTP (betaftpd with root access)?
The Humax software just rewrites the file if you delete it. You may get lucky if you delete and reboot before it has a chance to. The quickest way is to shutdown the Humax software, delete the EPG data and reboot.
Code:
humax ~ # /etc/init.d/S90settop shut
humax ~ # rm /mnt/hd1/dvbepg/epg.dat
humax ~ # sync
humax ~ # reboot

It might be useful to incorporate something like this on the Diag screen in the Webif.
It can already "Reboot", so why not "Delete EPG cache and Reboot"?

Back