SOLVED: Recordings not showing in CFW GUI only

martinr

I’ve done something daft when copying the recordings from my 500GB drive to the new 2TB drive.

Other than looking in the cfw gui, you wouldn’t know anything’s wrong: using the remote control to bring up Media shows all the recordings and plays them. However, when I look in Browse in gui, I see only a couple of recordings (copied at a different time).

528D9B42-F4EF-482E-8321-0BBDA1D7994D.png

My Video clearly appears to contain 340GB of recordings but they do not show:

7EA3873A-3312-45FE-BE05-9C886618B856.png

When I telnet in and open the Media directory and select My Videos I see them all:

39EF7B6F-B3FF-45BD-A56F-F18F7E9DE1E6.jpeg

I could format the drive and start again easily enough, but I wonder if there’s a quick fix. (I ran fixdisk, but it didn’t fix it.)

using the remote control to bring up Media shows all the recordings and plays them.
Does the Media view now include the date and time as part of each of the recordings' title? Does it show the thumbnails? Does it show the info panel when you use the info button? When playing back can you fast forward?

I’ve done something daft when copying the recordings from my 500GB drive to the new 2TB drive.
How did you copy them?

Also if you have the necessary power supply and cable, if you power the old drive and use a sata to usb cable to the the Humax, can you then see and play the recording from the original drive?
Also I'm not sure if it would make a difference to understanding the issue but which FTP server are you using? Is it possible for you to FTP in and see if the files look OK?

Thanks, Luke. Looking closer, I now see that where there is a folder containing 2 or more episodes of a series, the thumbnails and correct dates are present on the programmes inside that folder, and I can fast forwards. Also, the Info does display when the button is pressed twice.

However, I’ve also now noticed that where I have single recorded programmes (not a series) below the folders on the old drive, they haven’t and won’t copy across. (I have many single mp4 files, which I got by saving from the iPlayer (none on the original); they copied and play ok.

So, here’s how I copy, or attempt to: with my old hard drive powered up and connected to the USB port on the front panel, I select Media on the remote, them Storage, then USB and Drive 3 and My Video. I then select the programme to be copied and press Opt+ and Move/Copy. I then select HDD (My Video) and press Copy. At that stage I’d normally expect to see “Copying”, but it appears to attempt to copy and very quickly gives up.

I can play any file on the old drive through the USB connection on the front panel using Media on the remote.

When connecting by FTP or similar, I normally use WinSCP,. I’m wondering id I incorrectly did some copying with WinSCP; I honestly can’t remember.

(This is more for interest’s sake because I could simply leave the old files on the old hard drive and just start afresh with the new 2TB drive.)

I have seen the WebIF appear to get itself in a twist like this - if I remember correctly it was because the copy had not completed (but I could be wrong).

Back