SOLVED - User error -Repeatable way to crash Humax

MymsMan

Ad detector
Pick on Channel 11 is showing a Channel has moved, please retune box with a Press Yellow to dismiss option.

Pressing Yellow shows ---3 at top of screen and then Humax reboots itself

Tunefix update will, of course, solve the problem when it moves the channels around but I wondered if anyone else had seen this behaviour

That's novel, LCN reallocations are normally ignorable. No similar symptom on HD-FOX, will check my HDRs later.

Dumb and forgetful user syndrome hoist by my own petard! 💩

Back in July I posted in the ir thread:
  • Using the LG remote (since it doesn't cause repeats) I only see the first key of a macro sequence is executed, I have in my ir3.map
    Code:
    1a:5,f1,5,13:YELLOW
    1d:3,4,13:GREEN
    • Pressing Yellow switches to channel 3 instead of 33
    • Pressing Green switches to 1 and not 13
      Code:
      MACRO
      Real IR code: 0x00000000 0xfa051000 (1a) [foreign=0]
      MACRO
      Real IR code: 0x00000000 0xfc031000 (1d) [foreign=0]
  • Using the Humax remote the macro is invoked for the initial button press and all of the repeat flagged entries which causes an immediate crash and automatic restart
  • To solve this I think the macro should only be triggered on the initial, 0 flag, entry and all of the repeat flagged entries should be ignored
  • For repeating butting the macro should only be retriggered, at a customisable interval, if the button is still held down. This would allow Prog+/- to run at a slower, more comfortable, rate for supported users.
I still have my test macro on the Yellow key awaiting the next version of ir and have not needed the Yellow button since until the LCN move notification

Need to hide in the corner for a while :oops:

:rolling:

I did wonder about that - I saw no other reason it might input another LCN, and I presume you still have the troublesome beta ir 1.20...

Back