Some files have 'greyed-out' options for 'Decrypt' etc

BenB

I have auto Decrypt enabled, however some files have never been decrypted. Sharing them on certain devices I have require them to be decrypted.

So I went in via the web interface to manually decrypt them, and found the still-encrypted files have all their options greyed out, meaning I can't manually do anything, except for some reason shrink is still allowed!

I connected via ftp and most of the files have permissions set to 666, except the problem files which have 644 (read permissions the same, write permissions for the owner only). Trying to change the permissions, the ftp program send sback the error '500, no such command'.

Any ideas why some files aren't writable, and locked? (they aren't 'locked' btw!)

The files must not be in the DLNA server media database for some reason. I would do a DLNA database reset (Diagnostics -> DLNA Server).

Shrink works on encrypted or decrypted files which is why it isn't greyed out.

Everything runs as the superuser so permissions are largely irrelevant but it is interesting that you see differences and I can't explain that.

Thanks Af, I've just reset the DLNA database, I'll see if it helps -

For some reason in Diagnostic > DLNA Server it did say 'Status - Disabled'. Now I've left then gone back in it says enabled again.

Back