Sort folders.

crashcris

Hi, I'm loving my 2000T, as yet I have only one little niggle which is the order the recorded TV folders are in, they are all in alphabetical order, I would much prefer them to be in Time/date order. Please note that I'm nor referring to the individually recorded programmes (I have them sorted by date), I'm referring to the list of folders of series of programmes. I have tried selecting them all then clicking opt+ then sort (alphabetically), then opt+ (channel), then opt+ (time), but the folders never change place.

Is this just how it's supposed to be? The manual gives me the impression that I should be able to sort the order of folders by time.

Many thanks in advanced. Cris.

Do you have to select all the folders first? What happens if you press the sort button with no folders selected?

Is this just how it's supposed to be? The manual gives me the impression that I should be able to sort the order of folders by time.
As far as I know (but could be wrong) you can't sort the folder order; you can sort the order of files within a folder. I have had a quick look at the manual and can't see where it implies you can sort folders; could you give the relevant section in the manual? As a matter of interest when you say you would like to sort folders in time/date order what were you hoping for: creation date, last accessed date, most recent recording made, oldest recording etc?

As a matter of interest when you say you would like to sort folders in time/date order what were you hoping for: creation date, last accessed date, most recent recording made, oldest recording etc?
That's probably exactly the reason that there is no sort by date.

Montyseviltwin... Nothing happens.
MartinLiddle... Page 32 tells you how to sort the order of the files and there's no indication that the 'folders' can be re-jigged, that's true, perhaps it was wishful thinking on my part, in my experience with all sorts of PVRs just because something isn't featured in the manual doesn't preclude it from being a feature which has been added with an update. I also have an Icecrypt PVR and that sorts the FOLDERS in the date they are created. Personally I find this really useful as Folders of programmes you've kept but don't want to access often slip down the list whereas programmes that are on series record, watched then deleted, keep to the top of the list. As I said, this is a minor niggle and something I would like the machine to do. Everyone will have their own preferences. I find sorting by date so much more useful as there are days I record several programmes that look interesting and a couple of days later can't necessarily remember exactly what they're called, so I have to read down and up the list of folders (in blocks of 5) trying to find the correct folder.

That's probably exactly the reason that there is no sort by date.
Personally, I'd order them by date folder was created, latest first, but there shouldn't be any reason the facility to sort them by any or all of the options MartinLiddle suggested. It's just an index, it's not physically moving the folders/ files.

Back