Sorting into groups

Ubique

I would like to sort my recordings into groups,e.g. music,documentaries,films etc but can`t for the life of me work out from the manual how to do it,or,indeed,if it`s possible.Step by step help please ?

Media >> OPT+ >> New Folder >> [spell out] Documentaries >> Confirm then highlight a recording using the silver up / down keys Selest (red) >> OPT+ >> Move / Copy >> HDD (My Video) >> silver key right >> select you new folder >> Move (red)

I would like to sort my recordings into groups,e.g. music,documentaries,films etc but can`t for the life of me work out from the manual how to do it,or,indeed,if it`s possible.Step by step help please ?
The Custom Firmware available on this forum provides the means to move recordings into predesignated folders automatically, as long as there is some kind of flag which can be used to decide which (eg the "genre" code allocated to programmes by the broadcasters).

Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click)

Ezra Pound's instructions above are for you to file recordings into folders manually. There is no mechanism that will let you sort the media list displayed from the Media button by anything other than date or alphabet, if that is what you meant.

If you are doing this manually, use FileZilla. It's much faster. Just drag and drop.

If you use FileZilla, or any FTP facility, you need to make sure that you move the complete set of files not just the ts file.

Back