Sorting Media

Sandholme

On my PC albums will play back in the correct order as there is metadata giving the track number. This appears to be lost when ftp'ing the files over to the T2 which means they play back in alaphabetical order. Is there any way of correcting this without changing the filename?

Sounds like the HDR doesn't read the metadata when it displays the folder contents, so I think renaming the files may sadly be your only option if you want to play them from the HDR's disk. I think they're ordered correctly if you play them from a DLNA server, but I guess the server probably manages the ordering for you in that scenario.

I have a NAS Duo as well, it's just that for the wife navigating across the wifi network and finding something specific is slow and not easy. The Duo has a built in itunes server but I've not turned that on as currently all my music in in WMP and star rated so I expect I'd lose all the metadata anyway (& I don't like Apple but that's another story)

Is there any other media server I can run on it?

I have a NAS Duo as well, it's just that for the wife navigating across the wifi network and finding something specific is slow and not easy. The Duo has a built in itunes server but I've not turned that on as currently all my music in in WMP and star rated so I expect I'd lose all the metadata anyway (& I don't like Apple but that's another story)

Is there any other media server I can run on it?

Serviio - www.serviio.org (not, it's not a typo, it really is double 'i'). It runs on anything that has Java which, IIRC, the NAS Duo does? Oh, and it's a British program :cool:

Back