Sound and video problems

C

Chas

I recently upgraded my Humax box to the HDR-Fox-T2 and I am running with 1.02.07.
I am getting several problems:
1.After watching for some time, typically 20-25 mins, I lose video and can only get it back by switching off and on.
2.I sometimes do not have sound, especially at the start of a session and can only get it back by switching off and back on.
3.The box will occasionally go into standby by itself.
I am routing my HDMI connection from the Fox box through an Onkyo TX-SR608 amplifier at the moment, which itself is connected to a Panasonic Viera TX-P42G20B.
I had similar problems when I connected directly to the Panasonic and then back with an optical connection. I will try this again though to see if the problems change.

Is this happening to anyone else, or do I have a hardware / system problem?

3.The box will occasionally go into standby by itself.

Haven't seen the other problems and I would suggest ringing Humax and discussing. By default the box will go into standby after 3 hours; ypu can turn this off via Menu>Settings>System>Power Management; see page 56 of the user manual.

Haven't seen the other problems and I would suggest ringing Humax and discussing. By default the box will go into standby after 3 hours; ypu can turn this off via Menu>Settings>System>Power Management; see page 56 of the user manual.
Thanks for the reponse, I'll turn that off and change the way I'm connecting to see if it persists.

Back