Sound Delay After Pause

Mr Happy

I've just got a BT Youview box!!! After having a Humax for years, then going to BT Vision, I'm so glad to be back with a Humax! Anyway, every time I pause tv for longer than 8 seconds or so, and then press play again the picture starts, however the sound is muted for about 3 seconds.
Does anyone else have this issue and/or know how to resolve it?

Not what you want to hear, but you could skip back a few seconds and resume play from there.

Not what you want to hear, but you could skip back a few seconds and resume play from there.
Thanks Black Hole and yes, that is what I'm having to do, it's just really annoying and a pain. I can't believe it's right, but all the fiddling with the settings isn't working.

There's also no sound (but is a moving picture) for a few seconds when playing a recorded program, also after I stop a recorded program, when I change channels and also when it's first turned on.

Does everyone find the same with the YouView box?

Humax is not responsible for the software.

Is it written by BT then?

I'd love to know if it's all BT Yoview boxes. Googling it I did find some other people mentioning this issue, but only a handful and although things to try were suggested, none worked for them or me.

As I understand it, YouView provide the licensed manufacturers with high level code and specifications for the interpreter to run it. It should thus appear identical to the user, whichever "make" of YouView box it is.

As I understand it, YouView provide the licenced manufacturers with high level code and specifications for the interpreter to run it. It should thus appear identical to the user, whichever "make" of YouView box it is.
It's a while since I read the spec. but I recall there are three components:
  • Hardware manufacturer's base (operating system);
  • Youview software - presumably platform-independent interpreted code;
  • ISP configuration/components.

Back