sound gone on hd channels

sound gone on hd channels

had been watching last weeks silent witness yesterday, recorded in hd, resumed play again this evening while tonights episode was recording and there was no sound at all, checked episode 2 and the current recording, nothing on audio, then checked great railway journeys and lost land of the volcanoes, recorded earlier and nothing?

then checked out all 4 hd channels and theres not a dicky bird on any of them? was fine earlier, but just vanished when i resumed play on that first silent witness, anyone else??

Re: sound gone on hd channels

Not got last weeks as watched live and deleted the other day.

Watched tonight's on chase play - audio OK and just checked the recording and that seems OK too, including a couple of stops and resume.

I am only using the audio through the TV at the moment (still via HDMI) as been having some work done and the cinema amp is packed away for a week or two.

I am watching/recording the HD mux. (Sutton Coldfield/Lichfield)

I did get the 5.1 audio problem before certain bits of Jools HHolland etc (mainly clapping), but that was just clipping

Are you one of the lucky beta testers emailed the other day and have upgraded to the portal beta by any chance?

no not on beta, really weird how it can just vanish on all past recordings, and the live broadcasts, can just about understand the live bit, but how can it vanish on week old recordings?? also missing off bruce averys arctic. will rescan that mux tomor and see if sound returns, if not is dl from thebox.bz to replace missing recordings

bixieupnorth said:
had been watching last weeks silent witness yesterday, recorded in hd, resumed play again this evening while tonights episode was recording and there was no sound at all, checked episode 2 and the current recording, nothing on audio, then checked great railway journeys and lost land of the volcanoes, recorded earlier and nothing?

then checked out all 4 hd channels and theres not a dicky bird on any of them? was fine earlier, but just vanished when i resumed play on that first silent witness, anyone else??

not sure if this has anything to do with 4 hd, not sure on the codec

ive been looking at different hd formats networking to the humax, when LC-ACC audio codec used, it says audio not supported.

as far as i'm aware BBC HD audio is LC-ACC, and there have been problems with that.

if that is the problem, it may be fix on the next update (please be here soon)

Have you lost sound on all channels or just the HD ones?
Are you using HDMI connection?

I have had problems getting sound to my telly (LG 42PX5D) from the beginning with my HDR FOX-T2.
If the Humax is put into standby, telly switched on then Humax turned on - no sound!
Have to power off Humax then turn on again, eventually the sound will return.

For this reason I always leave my Humax on all the time and never put it into standby.

yeah i'm the same, always on,hdmi connection, switched it off last night and its all fine again this morning!! only the 4 hd channels and recordings affected, very odd little blip!

I've seen this also.
If i watch an MP4 file on the box and then return to watch an HD channel, the sound will not work.
Only after like you stated, putting the box in standby for the night does the sound return by itself.

It will be a codec issue no doubt.. there is no other explanation :x

Back