Sound issue

g4jnw

Have had my Humax foxsat-hdr since they first came out so quite a while but have had an issue with it thats getting worse over time and wonder if anyone else has it or is the box starting to fail.

When i put it on hold, no matter whether its a live station or recorded the sound keeps going for a few seconds, then when i play again the sound is missing for a few seconds.

Any ideas please, the box has been really good with no other issues but the sound issue is starting to get longer in time.

Have had my Humax foxsat-hdr since they first came out so quite a while but have had an issue with it thats getting worse over time and wonder if anyone else has it or is the box starting to fail.

When i put it on hold, no matter whether its a live station or recorded the sound keeps going for a few seconds, then when i play again the sound is missing for a few seconds.

Any ideas please, the box has been really good with no other issues but the sound issue is starting to get longer in time.

Could be time to re-create the time shift buffer file. Do you have the Custom Firmware installed and therefore access to the hard disk from a PC ?

That this happens with a recording seems to rule out the TSR buffer. No harm in trying it, but I suggest a factory reset.

I don't see this as an indication of impending failure.

I had a simillar(ish) issue the Humax would power up and the Picutre would appear no sound. Thought the PSU caps were bad checked all fine. Noticed the menus and all other functions were fine. Tried with the internal HD disconnected as it uses a fair bit of power it might work without the HD infdicating a PSU issue at load. Again same problem all fine for 20s when powered on but no sound, and video dropped (black screen - no HDMI signal) after 30s from boot. Checked the HDMI connector all fine, was about to try a SCART lead, when I realised I had none. Tried a new HDMI cable sound and video all back! Odd thing is that the HDMI cable works on other devices?! But I've labelled it faulty so it can't cause be problems again!

My HDR like yours is one of the very first units still going strong! Seemed to have outlived the HDMI cable!!

Here's my ...
I think I got off lightly. FYI my Humax is standalone not in a rack so it has great cooling air flow. The cable was not under any tension and its behind the TV so its not like the Humax, TV or cables move.
I know the solder on the PCB connection on the HDRs can be a problem if damaged by abuse (cable pulls on the PCB mounted socket of the Humax) but this unit has had a relatively sheltered existence.
The "faulty" cable works fine on Rasberry Pi, PS3, Orange Pi but not on the Humax. I think the HDR units are really well designed / built so have to point the finger and the cheap 1m HDMI cable.

Back