stammering

viciousscrew

I have a 4000Twhich has worked well but recently the picture seems to stammer/stutter for want of a word and I have to turn the box off for a few minuets reboot and that seems to fix the problem, is there any reason for this to happen it has started to occur regularly now, that's the main problem because its so frustrating but also I have the problem of scrabbled or unavailable channels any information most greatful.

How recent is this problem? Freeview are reporting problems since ~30/12/19 due to high pressure (Daily Mail report)
Is this all channels or a particular selection? - I get a lot of problems with channels on the temporary multiplexes (COM7 & COM8 - BBC NewsHD and BBC4HD), often can take up to 30 seconds for the channel to become available. Have you recently rescanned your box? Are you sure you are tuned in to the correct transmitter? Have you recently moved any cables around (aerial, HDMI)? -It took me ages to get my cabling into a state where interference is at a minimum. Is there a new piece of equipment in the room? - I have had problems where a computer switched on knackers the signal for one multiplex.
Can't say that I've come across a problem exactly as you describe - where a reboot cures the problem. I have seen stuttering on channel change which might last for up to a minute. If I replay the live programme the stuttering is not there. This was one of the problems I had on a different Humax where adjusting the cables eventually cured the problem.

thanks for replying I will try a lot of these suggestions over the weekend and hope it cures the problem. by the way the stuttering occurs on most channels

In my opinion, what you have may be a symptom of a HDD in need of reformatting or replacement. By all means try the less-destructive remedies first, but if all else fails try reformatting.

by the way the stuttering occurs on most channels
In my opinion, what you have may be a symptom of a HDD in need of reformatting or replacement.
That thought occurred to me - after I'd posted the message!

I don't know how succeptable the FOX series of Humaxes are to strange interference, but my experience with later models seems to suggest that one multiplex could suffer just by having cables or equipment in the wrong place. The telling peice of information though is the stuttering occurs on most channels. I wonder if a 4000T will work with the HDD temporarily disconnected - might give an extra clue.

Back