1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standby and Wake

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by Vermillion, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

Is there any way to put the HD-Fox T2 into standby via telnet ?
    Also it would be great to be able to Wake it from the pc Although I Think this is probably not possible?
    These two things would be the icing on the cake for a great device.

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

Wake-on-LAN - not supported in hardware. Best you can do is have it wake on timer (it could be arranged to check a status flag somewhere (eg the RS web site) periodically to see if it should stay on for a bit or go back to sleep straight away.

Enter Stand-by - should be possible with the right incantation? I only know how to do a restart (having been told by the BYTs).

3. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

Thought that would be the case with wake up.
    So possibility of standby with the right script installed you think?

4. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

In the end I have settled for an IR extender with an old one for all remote which works with the hummy. So now I don't have to keep going up and down the stairs. ( I'm so lazy:D )

5. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

I have this working for the HD model now : ) More work needed but it's certainly possible.

Vermillion and Drutt like this.
  6. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

This is fantastic news and I will definitely use this on my HD once you are ready to release it.

7. af123

Once you can control the hardware a little, all sorts of things become possible : )

Attached Files:

xyz321 likes this.
  8. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

Wowee! Made possible by Spayz pointers to the api?

9. af123

No, but where are they?

10. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

Perhaps I'm mistaken, I can't find it now but I thought there were some clues about calling the humaxtv process services.