Standby Mode

Adrian Web

This morning I could access my HDR via my Laptop over my LAN and the status showed as in Standby.
I have not been able to re-create this condition again (although I would like to).
When I press the standby button on the remote &/or the button on the front of the HDR I can hear the HDD shut down and cannot access the HDR via LAN.
Power Saving in Standby and Automatic Power down are set to off.
LAN is set for Fixed IP address via Homeplugs
The only thing that I can think of is that I set the Power On Timer for 0500 and off again at 0520 yesterday.
I noticed that this setting had changed from on at 0500 to off. I have reset this and will see whether it happens tomorrow.

I seem to remember that i had a similar problem a few months ago.
I noticed that my on/off timers (set for middle of night) seemed to have got tangled.
If I remember rightly, it looked like the previous night's off timer was still showing in the schedule, followed by tonight's on timer and no other off timers. Only visible from Webif.
Don't know why "last night's" off timer was left hanging.
Happened a couple of times.
I deleted the on/off timers and reset them up from menu and all was ok.

I think it was on earlier version of firmware (1.02.27). I'm on 1.02.29 now.

Suggest you check your firmware level also.

I have noticed that if I turn off my box off, using the Webif/ir (Remote), whilst it is in the middle of a timed wake-up, it doesn't fully shut down. The front panel shows red but the HDD is still running and the Webif banner says it's in Standby.(01.02.20)
I will check in the morning to see if it happens using the supplied Remote Control.

Web Interface Version 0.9.14-2
Custom firmware 2..12 and Humax Version 1.02.29
I deleted the Sleep schedule which just showed the off time of 0520 and no duration (sounds similar).
I resume you meant by reset from Menu to be from the remote
Menu, Settings, Preferences, Time
I now have a Wake up and Sleep event in my schedule.
I hope it sticks tonight - will check tomorrow.

Personally I like the idea of a standby mode (if genuine) that allows access from the LAN. I suspect that the Humax thought it was in standby but was really awake.

It is not normal to have web access in standby, the main processing is shut down and it relies on a small processor in the display module to wake things up at a pre-arranged time. If there is activity, the Humax will be in a state we call "half awake", which usually means it is recording or preparing to record.

Sometimes things can go wrong, as a result of redring malfunctioning, or a power off time being set without a power on time (or vice versa), and no doubt other circumstances too, but you can't rely on it.

It is not normal to have web access in standby, the main processing is shut down and it relies on a small processor in the display module to wake things up at a pre-arranged time. If there is activity, the Humax will be in a state we call "half awake", which usually means it is recording or preparing to record.

Sometimes things can go wrong, as a result of redring malfunctioning, or a power off time being set without a power on time (or vice versa), and no doubt other circumstances too, but you can't rely on it.
Having created the Wake up and Sleep event in my schedule, a subsequent sleep and wake has deleted the Wake up event (checked in Menu and start Time is now set to off. Problem appears to be that the Start up time does no Stick!
Should I uninstall redring and try again?

Update: I have my box on a morning Wake-up from 07.00 till 09.00. I switched off using the Remote Control at about 08.45 and it switched off properly. However it booted up again at 08.59 into the half-awake state and stayed like that for over two hours. I had full Webif access.

Not sure if this is relevant but - twice recently my HDR-Fox T2 has displayed red when not recording whilst powered on. Both times only briefly I think.
1.02.29; CF2.12

Back