Start again: Revert to original firmware then customise

vilbs

Box is HD Fox T2 (not HDR). Bit of a strange one. I have just had my replacement box (replaced thanks to advice on this forum) and of course wanted to install the custom firmware. Before I upgraded I had been playing the radio through the tv portal no problems. I then updated to the latest custom version and it seemed to install fine. However to check I had web access (to install the webif) I tried the radio again - now everytime I try and play a stream it crashes and reboots the box. I then tried regardless to install the webif from my pc but it wouldn't connect to the ip. I have now since reinstalled the standard firmware and then again tried to install the latest custom but still radio crashes and pc wont connect. Can anyone help or tell me how to reset and try again?
Thanks as ever and sorry for the babble just trying to provide as much information as possible!

I have just had my replacement box (replaced thanks to advice on this forum) and of course wanted to install the custom firmware. Before I upgraded I had been playing the radio through the tv portal no problems. I then updated to the latest custom version and it seemed to install fine. However to check I had web access (to install the webif) I tried the radio again - now everytime I try and play a stream it crashes and reboots the box.
The radio problem is a known bug in the standard 1.02.28 firmware. Either install an earlier version of the firmware or wait for Humax to fix it.

I seem to have heard that Humax have removed internet radio from the portal, irrespective of f/w version. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

You're right, I hadn't noticed. I tried it a week or two ago to test whether it was still OK in 1.02.27, and then recently I listed the services available for somebody minus Internet Radio.

It's a bit mean taking it out just because it doesn't work with the latest firmware!

It's a bit mean taking it out just because it doesn't work with the latest firmware!

The reasoning from Humax is that they removed it to stop it from being selected, which would prevent a reset and the possible loss of any recording which was in progress

It can't be regardless of firmware because it was working (last week) on the firmware that came preinstalled in the box. It only stopped working because I updated.
Anyway... obviously the radio turned out to be a red herring - I'm not so bothered about it to be honest - I just took it to be an example of the upgrade going wrong. If it was only the lack of PC connection I would have persisted down the IP address/Firewall route - which I will go back to investigating.

Could anyone confirm though the best route to go down to "start again" on the upgrade process? Should I just install the latest standard firmware to ensure the box is "vanilla" and then upgrade to the latest custom?

Thanks again.

As far as internet radio goes the situation is this, It worked in every release except 1.02.28 but they have removed it from the remote server last week because it resets 1.02.28. Don't forget that without the Custom Firmware all Humaxs will auto update so as far as they are concerned everybody is on 1.02.28. It is best to download the official Humax firmware and the matching Custom Firmware and start again, Note the procedure for the HD rather than the HDR is a bit more complex because the USB drive has to change from FAT32 for the first stage to EXT2/3 for the second stage. See the GUIDE HERE

...It is best to download the official Humax firmware and the matching Custom Firmware and start again, Note the procedure for the HD rather than the HDR is a bit more complex because the USB drive has to change from FAT32 for the first stage to EXT2/3 for the second stage. See the GUIDE HERE
OK thanks for the info.
1. Will download and install KZTFT 1.02.28 from http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=181
2. Will then download and install HD_FOX_T2_1.02.28_mod_2.11.zip from http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/25479726/file.html
Unless I hear otherwise that's what I will do. Thanks again.

Not quite true, as we are pretty sure we can defeat the OTA without recourse to custom packages.

The fact remains that Humax have designed a box that auto-updates (there is no menu option to defeat it) so that they only have to support the current firmware. If you have a problem with an older version, they will tell you to upgrade it. What percentage would you say are not on 1.02.28?

I was just saying it's hypothetically possible, so in the strictest sense Humax can't rely absolutely on everyone being updated. You never know there might be SOMEBODY who habitually records ITV Nightscreen...

Is there anything particularly about 1.02.28 you want? If not, I recommend 1.02.20 + appropriate CF. See HERE (click).

To be honest the only thing I want to be able to do is record HD and then decrypt them so I can watch them on a.n.other device/tv/pc. I just always presume (possibly wrongly) that the latest version will always be the best!

Back