Start-up issue

Garden Bob

My HDR-FOX T2 appears to be stuck in Standby, when called the display shows system startup and then goes blank and returns to standby even with no external connections. Any ideas?

My HDR-FOX T2 appears to be stuck in Standby, when called the display shows system startup and then goes blank and returns to standby even with no external connections. Any ideas?
Switched it on and off several times, even unplugged it, still the same symptoms.

My fox is currently struck in rebooting process - switch it on, shows the Humax screen then goes straight into rebooting cycle and will not start up. I've opened the box and nothing seems obviously at fault so I disconnected the HDD and the start up process was OK. So I though the HDD had gone down.

I then put it into an enclosure and hooked it up to a PC and it seemed OK. I couldn't retrieve the recordings easily via a PC (maybe due to encryption) so next thing I tried was to reconnect the HDD while the box had successfully started up. Hey presto the HDD started up and all was working OK.

I retrieved any crucial recording via the normal copy to external USB HDD. But as soon as I switch off with the HDD connected it goes into a boot-up cycle continuously. I've wondered if its a PSU issue - anyone with any idea's?

Did you read the link pointed to by BH in the post above yours which deals with exactly what you seem to be having? If so, pse report back on your findings.

I think he has (for "though" read "thought"):
I disconnected the HDD and the start up process was OK. So I though the HDD had gone down. I then put it into an enclosure and hooked it up to a PC and it seemed OK.
Just because the HDD seems to work elsewhere, I wouldn't rule it out as the source of your problems. Bung any SATA drive you can get hold of into the HDR and see what happens - the HDR may offer to format it, but you don't have to accept the offer.

Back