Start Up Problem

C

Cumbrian

Start Up Problem

I have had my Hummy for a week now and its worked okay until yesterday.When i switch on from standby i get no picture on my tv,i get the audio,on startup Start System appears in the display,on the odd occasion it has started the Humax logo appears on the tv,but now that doesn't show.At present i am using my old analogue tv,if that make any difference.has i say until yesterday its been no problem.Thank You.Cumbrian

Re: Start Up Problem

Cumbrian said:
I have had my Hummy for a week now and its worked okay until yesterday.When i switch on from standby i get no picture on my tv,i get the audio,on startup Start System appears in the display,on the odd occasion it has started the Humax logo appears on the tv,but now that doesn't show.
I assume you are using a SCART connection. First thing to check is that the SCART cable hasn't come partially out of the socket at one end or the other.

Martin thanks,yes it is with a scart lead,since posting i have tried switching on 10 times,8 times it came on okay,twice it didn't,has i said if i see the Humax logo on the tv i know it will start okay.if it doesn't come on i can't set it to record anything,this is an excellent box when its going right.Cheers Cumbrian

Cumbrian said:
Martin thanks,yes it is with a scart lead,since posting i have tried switching on 10 times,8 times it came on okay,twice it didn't,has i said if i see the Humax logo on the tv i know it will start okay.if it doesn't come on i can't set it to record anything,this is an excellent box when its going right.Cheers Cumbrian
Is there a button the TV remote to switch the input to the SCART? If so does it help when the Humax logo is not displayed? Did you check that the SCART lead was properly seated?

Martin the scart lead is seated properly,there is no scart button on the tv remote,i have been trying it again this afternoon and its started everytime except once,so i switched of and on again and it came on.i have a brand new flat screen tv but the wife wants a fancy stand for it,so i can't set it up just yet,might work okay with that tv.Cheers Cumbrian

Cumbrian said:
i have a brand new flat screen tv but the wife wants a fancy stand for it,so i can't set it up just yet,might work okay with that tv.
The flat screen will probably show the best picture with the HDMI lead that came with the Humax so hopefully your problems will be at an end.

Back