Started crashing the last 4 days

G4DDS

So, since Sunday I have noticed that every time I bring the box out of standby it will be up for a minute or so and then reboot. Here's my crash log:

Humax crashed at Wed Jan 11 23:51:55 UTC 2017 - Uptime: 70
Humax crashed at Wed Jan 11 23:31:39 UTC 2017 - Uptime: 70
Humax crashed at Tue Jan 10 21:15:08 UTC 2017 - Uptime: 71
Humax crashed at Mon Jan 9 22:57:17 UTC 2017 - Uptime: 4514
Humax crashed at Sun Jan 8 18:53:13 UTC 2017 - Uptime: 71

On Monday you can see the box was in standby but happily recording until I brought it out of standby and then it crashed. After it comes back up it is fine until the next time. It will happily record in standby with no problems.

Tonight, I updated all the packages and ran fix-flash-packages as I had some notifications that some packages may have been disabled due to it crashing. As you can see though after doing this I put it in standby and then brought it out of standby and it crashed again (23:51) and rebooted. Once it has rebooted it is fine and has been up for hours with no signs of any problems.

Any ideas of things I can check in any other log files that may give a clue? I have not made any changes for a couple of months to my Humax until tonight so there is nothing obvious to give me a clue as to why it started crashing on Sunday.

Twonky server on the network? Try with the network disconnected.
Corrupt DLNA database? Disable Content Sharing on the Humax menus, then reset the database on the webif and re-enable sharing.

Thanks guys.

I haven't tried your suggestions but I have had a new NAS drive to replace a failed one and it has a DLNA server that uses Twonky. And I installed it on Sunday - coincidence I think not.

I'll install the filter package and hopefully that will cure it.

Just posting to let you know after installing the DLNA filter package the crashing has stopped!

Thanks again guys.

Back