Startup loop problem

peterpi

My T2 is starting and a second or so after the FW notice is shown, it shuts down and starts up again. I've done a bit of trouble shooting, the 12 & 5 volt supplies drop to zero and the system initialises again. The HHD can be read using a windows PC and software to read and copy data on the linux portions.

The PSU seems OK as the voltages into the mainboard look about about what they should be 1 & 2 +12v, 3 & 4 - 0v, 5 & 6 +6.4v, 7 & 8 - 0v (see photo below). If anyone can compare with what they have, that'd be great.

If I unplug the HDD the system starts and I get the no signal found notice, as it's on the bench with no aerial plugged in. I can use the menu and navigate around.

As a suck it and see fix, I powered up the drive from an external 12 & 5 v supply and plugged it into the T2, but it's greyed out in the system menu. The drive works on the rear USB and I see folders, but not MP4 & TS files that are not in folders. It is connected to the network and I can get the Humax Portal. If I access it from a browser I get a No Internal Hard Disk Found message, which makes sense as I dont have one in there.

If I wait for it to load the firmware, get the no signal message and only then plug the HDD into the mainboard everything works normally. I'm inclined to disconnect the psu and put my own 12.6 & 6.5 volt supply into the mainboard, but I'll give it a day for any feedback.

Is there a schematic of the T2 out there somewhere?

TIA Pete

Attachments

• Power Connector.jpg
    Power Connector.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 8
Is there a schematic of the T2 out there somewhere?
No, only what we've bleeped out ourselves. But why are you reinventing the wheel? Your symptoms are exactly what has already been investigated. Read the thread you've been referred to.

No, only what we've bleeped out ourselves. But why are you reinventing the wheel? Your symptoms are exactly what has already been investigated. Read the thread you've been referred to.
I only looked at the page the link took me to but I can see there is quite a long thread there. I shall start at the very beginning.

I've take your advice had a proper look at that page, and it certainly looks like it is that capacitor, doesn't it. I felt it might be a capacitor somewhere but would not have picked that one without a schematic.

Thanks again to you and the community.

Job done, but I couldn't change the 4.7uf capacitor. My trusty Weller TCP iron and finest bit work, but I don't trust my seventy plus year old eyes any more, so I did a work around and fed the 12v from a separate supply. A bit of a cheat, but I thought KISS and it does the job. Now to do a backup of the stuff I want to keep and free up some space on the HDD.

Tks again.

Back