Steps for Repairing a Disk of Unknown Faults

Update: Interesting, I have just clicked the settings icon in the webif and just get a blank white screen. I notice the path is to settings.jim. Is this related to the problem above?

Update: Interesting, I have just clicked the settings icon in the webif and just get a blank white screen. I notice the path is to settings.jim. Is this related to the problem above?
Yes, your bad sectors on the disk have wiped out some of the Webif's file. You need to reinstall it:
Code:
humax# opkg --force-reinstall install webif

Yes, your bad sectors on the disk have wiped out some of the Webif's file. You need to reinstall it:
Code:
humax# opkg --force-reinstall install webif
Oh, OK. Is that more telnet commands? Will this resolve the wifi problems too do you think?

Anything with a "humax#" prefix (or similar) is command line input, accessed via a Telnet session. The "humax#" is the command prompt - you don't input that bit.

Remind us - what wifi problems?

H Black Hole - this seems to be my wifi related problem:

"The problem remains of freezing when changing simple settings such as video mode (auto, letterbox etc) and other settings. When I take out the wifi dongle and reboot the problem resolves."

I have fixed the webif setting file but it has not resolved the freeze up. Happy to transfer this issue to a separate thread before I expand further....

Sounds like a network problem. The box can freeze up when it's retrying for responses on a half-functioning network.

Back