Stop commentary on recordings?

RobertHeselwood

When we record a program, then watch it later, there is a running commentary in the background telling us what is going on in the said program/recording.

How can I stop or disable that happening as it is slightly annoying at times.

Also I noticed that when a program restarts after a break, the background voice tells us where the place is or what is happening, then stops.

I just want to watch programs like normal tv, with no background commentary etc.

Any ideas please

That sounds like AD (Audio Description). Just checking the manual to see where you turn it off.....

[EDIT] Found something on Page 16 -

Setting Audio Options
Audio options are available only when the programme supports multiple audio languages.
1. Press the AUDIO button.
Each time you press this button, the audio
language changes or the Audio Description
soundtrack will be selected.
2. Select the audio direction (if available) using
the left/right arrows.

So have you pressed the Audio button on the remote at some point and set this? HTH

It sounds like you may have Audio Description turned on. to turn it off you need to do the following

MENU > Settings > Preferences > Audio > Audio Description > Off

Edit: or you could use oijonesey's method:)

PS the AUDIO button is the one with the Speaker symbol and ? to the right of the OPT+ button.

Ha that'll teach me for not clicking the 'Find Next' button to see if it came up anywhere else in the PDF!!!! :oops:

It sounds like you may have Audio Description turned on. to turn it off you need to do the following

MENU > Settings > Preferences > Audio > Audio Description > Off

Edit: or you could use oijonesey's method:)

PS the AUDIO button is the one with the Speaker symbol and ? to the right of the OPT+ button.

Thanks, that's done the trick.

On page 50 of my manual it says that Audio Description ON is for the visually impaired. We are not, not yet anyway

Thanks

On page 50 of my manual it says that Audio Description ON is for the visually impaired.
It's not exclusive for the visually impaired.
I use it for when I want to 'watch' a programme but need my eyes to be watching what my hands are doing.

It's a Four Tops thing - I can't help myself ! Anyway I'm chuffed to bits, I received my first "Like " for that. :)

......and my second! My life is so shallow I live for moments like this!!! Must log out and do something useful.....

Back