Strange issue with AV2HDR.

Trambopoline!!!

I'm new here so first of all, hello everyone and thanks to Raydon, your software has given my hummy a new lease of life.

I'm having an odd issue with AV2HDR. After using AV2HDR to covert/mux a file, I'm getting the main video displayed as normal but there are also two duplicate streams, with which just the top of the frame is displayed at the bottom of the screen. The two video streams aren't displaying correctly, by which I mean they appear to be displaying alternating lines of pixels/flickering... it's almost like a tracking issue on a VCR or a vertical hold problem on an old TV. Does anyone know where I might be going wrong? Is this a known issue or could it be the .ts input file (that plays normally and without issue on my PC) that is at fault?

You don't mention the frame size of your source video.
From the AV2HDR help file:
Source Video Specification

SD Video 576
Width 720 pixels
Height 576 pixels

SD Video 720
Width 1280 pixels
Height 720 pixels

HD Video 1080
Width 1920 pixels
Height 1080 pixels

Other sizes have been encoded and successfully played back on the HDR,
(The horizontal, or vertical resolution is then stretched by the HDR to fill the screen area).
However, this is very much a case of trial and error. The above sizes are the only ones guaranteed to work.
Video format MPEG-2 or H264
H264 codec profile max High@L4
Aspect ratio 16/9.
Scan type progressive or interlaced
Frame rate 23.976, 25, or 29.97 frames per second.

Thank you for the reply raydon. The source video is 768x432 and the video format is MPEG-1/2. I know for a fact I've used videos with the same dimmensions without issue so I suspect it's the codec. I'll try converting it again with a different codec before I run it through AV2HDR and I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the help.

I've just found out that if I use tsMuxeR to convert the .mkv file to .ts (as opposed to using ffmpeg), then I don't get the weird video issue I've described in my first post. Problem is though is that the results I get from tsMuxeR aren't as good in regards to picture quality. So I still very much want to get to the bottom of this problem.... The thing that's still kind of bothering me is that I have two similar video files, that appear to be identical in terms of the codec information. Yet, I can convert one of them with ffmpeg without a problem but when I try it with the other video file, I get the problem I described.

I've just found out that if I use tsMuxeR to convert the .mkv file to .ts (as opposed to using ffmpeg), then I don't get the weird video issue I've described in my first post. Problem is though is that the results I get from tsMuxeR aren't as good in regards to picture quality
Don't understand how the picture quality can be different. tsMuxeR only re-muxes the video stream into a dfferent container, it does not re-encode it, so picture quality should be exactly the same as the source video.

Back