Strange Manual Tuning behaviour

Gary

I did a manual re-tune this morning and was surprised to find lots of stations still in the 800's.

So I did it again and I'm getting stations from channels I haven't selected.

To test it I did an auto tune and cancelled it - no channels. Rebooted and checked in the webif to confirm.

Then I tuned JUST channel 51. Checked in the webif and it is showing channels for 24,27, 28 and 51. What is going on? I've done the same retune on both my HD's with no issues.

At a guess I would say an auto tune starts at CH21 and works towards CH69, so if you didn't cancel the auto tune quick enough, maybe the 'twenties' had already been scanned, I would try cancelling sooner or you could allow a complete auto scan with the aerial disconnected and then do your manual tune, having put the aerial back in obviously

Thanks for the reply. I just tried it again and cancelled immediately. Same thing. Remember I also checked there were no channels (via webif) after the auto tune.

Is there any way I can delete all stations for these channels?

To test it I did an auto tune and cancelled it - no channels. Rebooted and checked in the webif to confirm.

Then I tuned JUST channel 51. Checked in the webif and it is showing channels for 24,27, 28 and 51. What is going on? I've done the same retune on both my HD's with no issues.

This does sound very peculiar. I can't get my head around how a manual tune of channel 51 only could bring in services from other multiplexes, even if we assume something is broken. What version of firmware are you using?

Why are you checking channels via webif? Do you have channels tuned into your Humax that are visible on your TV?

Just double-checking to confirm, I reckon, but if these services do not actually exist via the List button it might explain something.

I think I'm on latest firmware and latest custom firmware (how do I check).

The reason I was checking with the webif was that I could easily check after tuning just one station rather do them all and then find loads of channels in the 800s.

Auto tune with the aerial out gives the same problem

The reason I was checking with the webif was that I could easily check after tuning just one station rather do them all and then find loads of channels in the 800s.

One way to check your firmware versions is to look in the bottom right hand corner of the webif main page.
Have you actually checked on your TV though?

As long as you are on a recent CF, all the info is at bottom right on the main WebIF page. The CF version is advertised on the front panel at boot time, and the standard firmware via Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information.

There's nothing actually stopping you exiting the tuning operation after tuning one multiplex, it may be inconvenient but we would like to know whether the Humax also shows these extra services on the List button.

I don't get what you mean by that. Are you saying that an auto-tune with no aerial populates a load of services from these other multiplexes? Is there a transmitter on your doorstep?? Or is it just the WebIF throwing a wobbly.

I seem to recall that there was/is an issue with the webif channel information not being updated.

Does THIS THREAD seem similar to what is being reported here?

I think you need to not check for channels using the Web-if, it may be not telling you what is really happening for some reason. For now I would only check using what the Humax is sending to your TV.

Let's be clear - the auto tune is (or appears to be) wiping all the channels with or without the antenna plugged in.

As soon as I tune in one of the channels it brings in all those shown above which I don't want. I am just tuning in channel 51, but getting the others for some reason too.

Yes the channels are showing on the TV.

The versions are

Web interface version: 0.9.12-5
Custom firmware version: 2.11
Humax Version: 1.02.28

Let's be clear - the auto tune is (or appears to be) wiping all the channels with or without the antenna plugged in.
You can double check that by
MANU >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection >> the scroll right button on the silver circle of the remote will then display all frequencies where some tuning remains
As soon as I tune in one of the channels it brings in all those shown above which I don't want. I am just tuning in channel 51, but getting the others for some reason too.
Manual tuning can bring in more than one frequency if ‘Network Search’ is set to ‘On’.

Back