Strange problem - BBC3 fine when viewing live, recordings suffer audio cutout and stutter

Hi All

I'm posting up on behalf of a friend of mine who has a 9300t and is suffering a strange problem. When viewing BBC3 live the picture and sound are fine, when he records it however it is a different matter, it suffers with audio losing sync, stuttering and dropping out big chunks making it completely unwatchable.

As far as he remembers other channels when recorded are fine (though I shall get him to do a few test recordings just to check).

He doesn't remember seeing any additional channels in the 800s which would indicate being tuned to the wrong transmitter which can be an issue where we are as we are between two and I have to manually tune to ensure getting the right channels.

Can anyone think of anything that might be causing this issue? SOftware update needed? reset to factory and format hard drive maybe?

A previous TopupTV box never had this issue with the same aerial setup etc (though it did suffer from being generally rubbish...lol)

Any help or thoughts much appreciated.

I'm posting up on behalf of a friend of mine who has a 9300t and is suffering a strange problem. When viewing BBC3 live the picture and sound are fine, when he records it however it is a different matter, it suffers with audio losing sync, stuttering and dropping out big chunks making it completely unwatchable.
Is this all programs on BBC3 or only certain programs (if so which)? There is a known long standing bug that only affects the 9300 (maybe the 9150) where certain programs are encoded in a way that causes the symptoms you are describing. The program streams have been examined and are standards compliant (although I assume they are unusual in some way) so the problem is down to Humax to resolve; it might happen but I wouldn't hold your breath.

He mentioned in particular Family Guy as being very bad indeed.

That is a very strange situation, is there discussion of it on this forum, if so I'll read up on it.

He mentioned in particular Family Guy as being very bad indeed.
That is definitely one of the programs that triggers this problem. There isn't a lot discussion here about the 9300/9150/9200. You will probably find more about this problem by asking a question or reading old posts over on MyHumax.org or the Humax subsection of the Freeview forum at DigitalSpy.

Back