Strange RS issue

kevindickinson

I have a query set up in RS to email any new films.

Received email below but when I click on the "Gone Too Far" link it shows nothing matches search. Search criteria is +"Gone Too Far"

However when I search for Gone Too Far (without the quotes) film can be found.

Can't see any strange characters in the name so lost as to why it fails a search.

Anyone got any ideas?

Copy of email is below:
Film4 [Fri, 10 Jul 2015 23:10:00 +0100 / 01:45] Gone Too Far (2013) Comedy drama about cultural tensions between London's BAME communities. A street smart Londoner is embarrassed by the arrival of his elder brother from Nigeria. Strong language. [S] = Matched email alert ( / + (2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015)) =

Last edited:
You seem to be suffering from your quoted text containing a [s] string. To prevent that cocking up the presentation, enclose the relevant text in [plain]...[/plain] tags.

Edited to include the tags but text is as it appears in email without the formatting.

Sent from here using a computing device.

It is now, but it wasn't before. Are you viewing through Tapatalk?

image.jpg

Last edited:
See above. I have recreated the situation and inserted a screen grab of it in the post. Apparently Tapatalk doesn't interpret all the BB Code formatting.

However, this is a side issue and goes nowhere towards solving your problem.

I've done some further tests on searching

+"gone" -gives no results even when search description is ticked Similar with other words e.g. it +"rewind" -gives lots of result "Gone" gives nothing but Gone without quotes gives results Remind gives results with or without quotes +gone doesn't work +rewind does Both without quotes Seems if a plus or quote is included then searches only work for some words!

Last edited:
Update: results seem to be the same when searching the EPG from webif on the humax so it's not just RS

Last edited:
af123 : are you able to identify why the title search term "Foyle's War" has not had any hits since January? The last recording occurred on 4th July. I use "events" not "series".

Back