Stream to Ipad

Mjg30aus

Hi there

I have just got this box today and I am sure that I read somewhere you can steam recordings to your ipad from the box can somebody tell me what I have to do to make this work please

The short answer is, not having a 1000s, I don't know.

However, the broad principle is to turn on the DLNA server on the 1000s (presuming it has one, try the Internet Settings screen in the setup menu) and then use a DLNA-capable media player on the iPad – I have heard that BuzzPlayer is one such.

There is currently no DLNA server available on the HDR-10x0S, Humax have said that they intend to provide this as a future enhancement.
There is currently a DLNA client.

Humax have said that they intend to provide this as a future enhancement.

I've heard this before - when or where did they say this & was there a timetable for implementation? Or is there a clue in any schedule for firmware releases?

If I remember correctly in the pre-launch blurb. It seems likely as well, as the HDR-FOX T2 has server and client capability.

No timetable has been mentioned afaik. Freesat say remote scheduling should be available early this year which presumably means new software is fairly close.

It was in a post from Barry on the forum at (myhumax.org). It was in a post of replies to forum questions he received from Humax towers.
As always there was no date specified. As freesat's priorities for the unit seem to get priority, I assume Humax's other priorities are awaiting resource availability.
One extra word of caution, the DLNA client will need to implement rights management (which other Humax PVR's with either DLNA client and/or server do).

DLNA server functionality came to the HDR-FOX in a post-launch update, if that is any indication.

It's your post that is untrue. Barry has never promised anything :eek:. He has reported the current situation as advised by Humax (afaik he is the only poster on any forum with direct contacts with Humax). As with any business unexpected problems arrive and priorities change. He is bound by confidentially agreements with Humax, there are some commercial decisions he cannot for obvious reasons make public. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you :eek:

I doubt you can

1 Find a promise or time scale anywhere.

2 Or a feature that did not arrive as expected ( I can only think of one, and that was as a result of circumstances beyond Humax control.)

We had the same rubbish about the missing vod services from freetime, guess what they arrived. Again the delay was down to the broadcasters (CH4 and CH5) not down to Humax.

As Repassac says it seems unlikely that streaming to an ipad will happen anytime soon, unless a ios app supporting protected streaming becomes available (Or is that down to Humax as well :) )

Hi there

I have just got this box today and I am sure that I read somewhere you can steam recordings to your ipad from the box can somebody tell me what I have to do to make this work please

Return it and get a Foxsat HDR instead. That is the only solution at present. Stick the excellent custom firmware on that and stream to your heart's content.

Back