Stream to Nexus 7

Eddy_J1

I have the custom fw and it's brilliant, I have a few questions, I have already tried searching with no luck.

First off is there anything I can install to watch the current channel on my nexus without buying that humax receiver thing they sell.

Second is I can stream SD stuff fine through DLNA however HD either lags or doesn't even make it onto the 2nd frame dependant what video player app I try, so I was wondering if anyone knew a combination that works well on the nexus 7?

Leading on from the last question, i'm wondering if its possibly just the data rate over WiFi being too much are there any packages to convert to a lower res or lower data rate.

Thanks in advance

P.s. For anyone who may recognise me from the thread I did a month ago posted when I first got my box, it turned out to be faulty and they sent a new box out, thanks for your help on that thread :)

First off is there anything I can install to watch the current channel on my nexus without buying that humax receiver thing they sell.
What Humax receiver thing? The HD/HDR-FOX does not and cannot launch the live TV programme onto the network to be picked up by anything. Try an app called "TVCatchup" (at least, there is an app for iOS - also available as a web page). There is also a device I have seen which received DVB-T and streams it by WiFi.

Second is I can stream SD stuff fine through DLNA however HD either lags or doesn't even make it onto the 2nd frame dependant what video player app I try, so I was wondering if anyone knew a combination that works well on the nexus 7?
Wifi is easily able to handle the HiDef data rate. It is more likely your tablet isn't fast enough to render the stream. There is a topic about media players on tablets somewhere.

Leading on from the last question, i'm wondering if its possibly just the data rate over WiFi being too much are there any packages to convert to a lower res or lower data rate.
Be satisfied with StDef! You could try shrink, which removes unnecessary data.

Thanks for the comments so far, I'm happy with SD on my tablet and its definitely capable of watching HD so its not the tablet that's an issue, all I was wondering basically is can I convert on the box without having to set a recording of both the HD and SD verisions of programs.

I'd use a TV app but my internet isn't fast enough without it lookong really poor quality, hence I was trying a LAN stream, thanks for the suggestion though.

I will give shrink a try but from the icon thought it zipped it, hopefully it works.

@MartinLiddle yes that's it.

Thanks

No, shrink doesn't zip, it reduces the file size by eliminating fluff.

Looks like we were talking at crossed purposes, I didn't realise Humax did a streaming DVB-T receiver and thought you meant some device that could pull the live stream out of our HDRs.

Hi Eddy,

What apps are you using on your Nexus 7? I use skifta and vplayer on my android devices and both HD and SD material is displayed well when streamed from my humax.

The HDR is connected to my router via a wired connection - I have all sorts of problems trying to stream to and from my humax using a wifi dongle.

It's called 0.ts on the Foxsat HDR? I have done that, but not on the T2. Is there an equivalent on the T2?

O.ts exists on the HDR-FOX in a part of the file system inaccessible without the custom firmware, but it is encrypted with no equivalent DLNA index or .hmt file we can manipulate to decrypt it.

O.ts exists on the HDR-FOX in a part of the file system inaccessible without the custom firmware, but it is encrypted with no equivalent DLNA index or .hmt file we can manipulate to decrypt it.

Ah, thanks.

Back