streaming hd from HDR to HD fox t2 problem

omar

Could I get a bit of advice from the experts? I have updated software to .28 on both devices and expected to be able to stream my recording of avatar on the hd fox t2. While it previously stopped after an hour, it now says 'file not recognised' when I try to play it or any other previously recorded HD file. I thought the software update was supposed to fix the 4 GB bug - is it only for future recordings? And why won't it read the old file at all now? Worried I have made a bad problem worse somehow....

Cheers

It should be fine. I have .27 on my HD-FOX and I'll check in a bit, but I confess I don't use DLNA these days because of the (old) 4GB bug (which we bypassed by using decryption and network mounts in the custom software).

No problem here, with the following caveats: 1. I'm using .27 on the HD-FOX and .20 on the HDR; 2. my recordings have been decrypted. I could reconfigure if necessary.

No problem here, with the following caveats: 1. I'm using .27 on the HD-FOX and .20 on the HDR; 2. my recordings have been decrypted. I could reconfigure if necessary.

Still saying file not recognised on my set up...

I can see the versatility of the CF but I'm not that computer savvy so I have macs not pcs. Is the cf compatible and can it be installed via a download to a mac ( in case i can't get it to work any other way)?

Perhaps you have found an "unwanted feature" of .28. We will have to investigate. It is the HDR that should decrypt the content when streaming it to the HD, and as it is HiDef material negotiates a protected link first. It looks to me as if the HDR is failing to decrypt the content.

Could you perhaps install .20 on your HDR? It won't affect the 4GB bug (which is at the client end), and no need for the CF (but see Things Every HD/HDR-FOX Owner Should Know, link below).

Regarding CF and Macs, all you need is a web browser and (in the worst case) Telnet and FTP - so just about any computer with any OS will have the necessary tools available. Even manual installation only means downloading packages from a web resource to a USB stick.

Just recorded 5 mins of One Show on BBC 1 HD and streamed ok to HD-Fox T2. Also streamed ok first 5 mins of Silent Witness recorded prior to .28 on HDR. Never tried to stream prior to .28.

Martin

Thanks. I didn't think there could be an undiscovered problem, but it was worth checking. Were they without decryption?

Yes.

Also tested it by streaming a HD encoded recorded film but was floored when it suddenly stopped playing. Went to the HDR and found my wife had decided to delete the film (having watched it) whilst I was carrying out the test. Thus haven't streamed anything large. Will have to record another.

Martin

Back