Streaming media from Hummy- Any known issues???

I Run Latest factory firmware, and latest custom firmware over the top on my HDR T2.
In the evenings i constantly stream to my phone via skifta & MX player when the kids are watching CITV. My wife has also taken to doing this too at times. We noticed that sometimes the streaming fails when the unit is recording which is something we live with, but we are also starting to think that after a period of time, usually after an hour the streaming can tend to fall over whether there is a recording going on or not. Is there any known issue with this being reported??? Over the weekend i tried running fix all flash packages over the webif and doing the reboot which seems to help.
Has anyone got any thoughts on this???

Streaming won't work unless the box is fully awake, i.e. not when it has just woken up to do a recording. That might explain some of what you are seeing. I haven't seen any reports of streaming failing after some time unless the box returns to standby following a recording or due to the auto standby feature.

Hi AF. The box is always left on for this reason, and certainly yesterday afternoon it was. I just wondered if anyone could think of any link why rebooting/ reflashing seemingly fixing the issue. The 4gb streaming bug sprang to my mind, whether it reached a certain amount of streaming and then deemed " enough is enough" and the box starts getting stroppy.....

Leaving the Humax out of standby continuously could be enough to kill streaming, there are several reports of 'things going wrong' that appear to be due to never placing the Humax in stand-by

Well almost all the time..... Its left on during daytime hours as the kids are never off it and i leave it on when i go to bed so i can sit upstairs and watch all my recorded tv.
Having said that, i assume it does a nightly reboot and i have one scheduled to occur at 4pm each to check for remote scheduling additions, which runs every day.

The Humax doesn't do a nightly re-boot, it does an auto wake-up at 4:30am to look for OTA downloads if it is in standby (and not recording) at that time, this 4:30am wake-up will also do a RS server update, so your 4am schedule is not required. You don't mention how often the Humax goes into standby, but if this is done once a day there shouldn't be a problem

Its a 4pm reboot so yes at least once a day. ( It advises the system will shut down in one minute yes/no then proceeds to ignore your request totally and shuts down in 2 seconds)

Sorry, I misread your post in #5 to read 4am rather than 4pm, How is the reboot achieved? if it uses Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Time >> Power Off Timer, this is known to cause problems if there is only an 'off-time' with no corresponding 'on-time' because the Humax goes into a half-awake state e.g. the hard disk continues to spin, so effectively the Humax is always on. However if you had say off set to 4pm and on set to 4:15pm that would be O.K. I think

A wake/ sleep command is set via the remote scheduler. I assume because the box is already on at 15.45 it just performs the sleep function at 16.00

I've never used this RS Schedule Reboot Additional Command, in fact it has prompted me to up-date the Wiki Page HERE, I don't think there will a problem due to a lack of reboots then, the 'media server' has been known to stop requiring a Web-If >> Diagnostics >> DLNA Server restart from time to time but I'm not sure why this is necessary

Thanks for the comments, i tried a new Media carrier instead of skifta last night that i saw mentioned in another thread and touch wood it seems better, although as of yet i haven't ran any programs over an hour so i might be a bit premature saying the problem has gone away. Its certainly more stable.

Thanks for the comments, i tried a new Media carrier instead of skifta last night that i saw mentioned in another thread and touch wood it seems better, although as of yet i haven't ran any programs over an hour so i might be a bit premature saying the problem has gone away. Its certainly more stable.
Which other app are you using? Skifta is total pants and doesn't work well at all for me.

Gone across to Mediahouse UPnP/ DNLA browser.
Seems better but as i said only been using it for a few hours.
Although it does let me watch recorded content when the Hummy is recording something else which is already a step forward.

Back