Streaming problem

RJM41

Hi everyone, everything is working fine apart from one little niggle. When I attempt to stream video to my iPad, they play back fine but after a short period of time the video just freezes. I can restart the video but it goes back to the beginning. I'm using Twonky and vlc on my ipad. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, everything is working fine apart from one little niggle. When I attempt to stream video to my iPad, they play back fine but after a short period of time the video just freezes. I can restart the video but it goes back to the beginning. I'm using Twonky and vlc on my ipad. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

It could be that your iPad isn't powerful enough to cope with the data stream. Is your WiFi network capable of handling it? Have you tried on a phone to see if that copes?

You could try MediaTomb instead of Twonky, too. No idea if it will make any difference. I haven't experienced any problems on my phone or tablet using MediaTomb and Android, with VPlayer as the renderer.

Thanks very much for the advice, I'll have tinker with it.. I have a feeling that the last apple update messed with the ipad wifi connection. Seems to be quite a few people online saying that they are experiencing wifi drop out.

Thanks very much for the advice, I'll have tinker with it.. I have a feeling that the last apple update messed with the ipad wifi connection. Seems to be quite a few people online saying that they are experiencing wifi drop out.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Back