Streaming recordings to PC ?

jradley

Hi,

I thought it would be possible to stream recordings off the FVP-5000t to a PC, but can't seem to get it to work...

In VLC and Windows Media Player I can see the files on the Humax, but neither will play them. I've tried both SD and HD recordings. It seems VLC will show the first frame, stuck for 10 seconds then repeats.

I apreciate I can't copy video files to the PC and have them play, but I thought it should be possible to stream.

I'm on Windows 7. I know I could install the app on a tablet and watch that way, but I specifically want to view on my PC. I don't have any other DLNA servers to figure out if it's a client issue on the PC or server issue with the Humax.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

John

Hi,

I thought it would be possible to stream recordings off the FVP-5000t to a PC, but can't seem to get it to work...

In VLC and Windows Media Player I can see the files on the Humax, but neither will play them. I've tried both SD and HD recordings. It seems VLC will show the first frame, stuck for 10 seconds then repeats.

I apreciate I can't copy video files to the PC and have them play, but I thought it should be possible to stream.

I'm on Windows 7. I know I could install the app on a tablet and watch that way, but I specifically want to view on my PC. I don't have any other DLNA servers to figure out if it's a client issue on the PC or server issue with the Humax.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

John

HD recordings can't be streamed. Check Freeview Play - Settings - Advanced Settings - Network Server is ON and Freeview Play - Settings - Advanced Settings - Samba Server is ON.

Last edited:
The OP said VLC and WMP can see the recordings, so the server must be on. He also said he's tried both StDef and HiDef.

I reckon this might be worth a support call to Humax. The 5000T is quite new, and there were plenty of things wrong with the HDR-FOX when it was new!

I too have this issue. I can see the FVP-5000T DMR and DMS entries in File explorer plus an FVP-5000T Dial Server but like the OP I cannot get VLC or WMP to play the .ts files. I have switched on SAMBA and file sharing. I have seen somewhere on the Web a way of getting VLC to play files from an FVP-5000T but I cannot find it again. Any help would be appreciated.

I have seen somewhere on the Web a way of getting VLC to play files from an FVP-5000T but I cannot find it again. Any help would be appreciated.
Using VLC 3.06:
Open VLC
If Playlist isn't visible then View>Playlist
Scroll down to Local network>Universal Plug'n'Play
After a second or two, HumaxFVP DMS should appear (may be slightly different as I think I renamed the server from the default when trouble shooting)
Double click on HumaxFVP > My Contents>Recordings Double click on programme of choice.

If that doesn't work tell us where things go wrong.

Almost works for me. I can see all the files on Windows Media Server, but when I play I get only the sound but no video (just a small static thumbnail picture). But on VLC it works just fine.

Last edited:
Almost works for me. I can see all the files on Windows Media Server, but when I play I get only the sound but no video (just a small static thumbnail picture). But on VLC it works just fine.
You need to install extra codecs to get the video working in Windows Media Player.

Back