streaming to an android device

framedtoo

got the misses an android tablet for xmas

ive been trying to get it to stream video with no success until today

now streaming SD, when i tried HD frozen planet it started off playing with sound then the sound stopped, none of the files tried where decrypted, just flags removed, custom firmware on hdr

apps used uPnPlay, mxplayer, mxplayer codecs

When you are streaming you don't need to decrypt, the server decrypts on the fly as long as the protection flags are cleared (that's more than just Enc, but they are taken care of by auto-unprotect). Your sound issues are about the client you are using not being able to track the audio format change between the lead-in and the actual programme.

got the misses an android tablet for xmas

ive been trying to get it to stream video with no success until today

now streaming SD, when i tried HD frozen planet it started off playing with sound then the sound stopped, none of the files tried where decrypted, just flags removed, custom firmware on hdr

apps used uPnPlay, mxplayer, mxplayer codecs

Could you provide a bit more step by step detail as to how you got it working?

I use skifta, as the server ( free download from market place ) and vplayer again from market place unfortunately not free but 30 free trial . Plays sd perfectly I've not tried hd

Could you provide a bit more step by step detail as to how you got it working?
sorry

goto market place on your android, free apps

find the three apps mentioned

make sure the codec matches the cpu on your android device

open uPnPlay, you should be able to see all devices you can stream from (in my case HDR,2 pc's, bluray)

all SD files i've tried played.

Ive done exactly this as well for my missus and her Arnova G2 tablet.
She logs into the webif interface through the tablets web browser. Selects the recorded programme she wants to watch, then clicks on download.
MX player (is installed on the tablet) plays the streamed file from the humax flawlessly.

I too have the same problem that HD files wont play properly. I just assumed it was a bandwidth issue!

found a better app than UPnPlay,do a search for Skifta, keep MX video Player

sound may be a bandwidth issue, tried HDfile from pc same problem, running on wireless G at the moment, i'll try with wireless n, see if that improves it

I use Skifta and MX Player with a Xoom tablet and Galaxy S2 on wireless n with the Fox HDR. Works fine for SD but does not even show the HD programmes. will look out for updates in case that helps.

I use Skifta and MX Player with a Xoom tablet and Galaxy S2 on wireless n with the Fox HDR. Works fine for SD but does not even show the HD programmes. will look out for updates in case that helps.

im use them on xoom, HD file starts with video and sound, video skips lots of frames, sound on for about 4 secs then stops

im asking if there is anyone out there with a tegra3 device and if so have they tried streaming HD content from the humax to the device

sorry i wasn,t clear enough

Revelation! I didnt know you could do this, downloaded both packages on my HTC Desire and was watching my Hummy contents from my warm bed last night! Fab! Just gutted i cant pull my films off of the external hard drive that is connected to my box...

I go a lot better than that - 60" projected image for bed-time. I *think* you will be able to stream from the external drive using Mediatomb, but I can do it using network mounts.

download skifta to a pc on your local network, create an account. leave the pc on with skifta running, you can now watch content off your humax anywhere

Back