streaming to android tablet

deezel

Taking instructions from another thread I installed mediahouse on my tablet.

I am able to access the Fox T2 server on the tablet but as I work deeper I finally access the recordings but on clicking the individual recording container the result is a blank page.

I've accessed the Fox T2 using other software as well ( ie Imediashare) but get the same result except a message
says "There are no media items to display"

Can anyone help?

Looking at this further the SD recordings are accessable and play but the HD recordings get the no media to display message

Last edited:
Looking at this further the SD recordings are accessible and play but the HD recordings get the no media to display message
Both SD and Hi-Def recordings can be streamed from a HDR-Fox T2 to an Android Device running MediaHouse, Media House will call up a separate Video Viewer when it displays 'Complete Action Using', in my case the option I get are :- VLC, QuickPic, Video Player and MX Player, not all of these can cope with the Hi-Def content, however MX Player does, You will need to install MX Player form the Andriod App. Store if you don't currently have this installed

Yes, I have these apps you mention but as said I cannot open the HD video files as I mention without getting the quoted message.

I am running the custom firmware and have decrypted the HD files.

Still cannot access finally these files on mediahouse

Ah, I have just realised that your post is in not in the 'Customised Firmware' section of the forum, You you will need to 'unlock' Hi-Def. files before they can be streamed to a non-Humax platform, this can be done using the Custom Firmware
EDIT
This post was made before I was aware of #5
Do you have the Auto Unprotect package installed? See Notes here :-
http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Encryption

Yes, I am running auto-unprotect and I have decrypted the hd files but no go

mediahouse sees the sd recordings and plays them.

mediahouse identifies the hd files 'container' but when opened nothing is there

Last edited:
Not sure what else to suggest, my set up is MediaHouse version 1.4.7 and MX player version 1.7.15a , I suppose you could try a number of different Hi-Def files to see if 'some' play O.K., but the only difference I can see in Hi-Def files is that the Audio is sometimes Dolby Digital 2.0 (stereo) and sometimes DD5.1 (multi-channel), however even if this was the problem, I would have thought the it would only effect the sound rather than the whole thing

I started this today so mediahouse is the latest on playstore. As said when I opened individual files with media house nothign was there so quickly recorded a sd file and that was seen and played ok.

Funny because using a wd live media player it has the same result, picks up the hdr as server, sees the files but when opening the file nothing is there

Interestingly some of my new recordings have been accessible and playable, some sd and one hd. Others not

In webif all recordings old and new are shown as unflagged and decrypted.

Any suggestions?

Not sure what else to suggest, my set up is MediaHouse version 1.4.7 and MX player version 1.7.15a , I suppose you could try a number of different Hi-Def files to see if 'some' play O.K., but the only difference I can see in Hi-Def files is that the Audio is sometimes Dolby Digital 2.0 (stereo) and sometimes DD5.1 (multi-channel), however even if this was the problem, I would have thought the it would only effect the sound rather than the whole thing

You must have a unique HDR FOX. All audio on Freeview-HD files is aac. The box will convert on playback from the digital outputs to Dolby Digital.

deezel : Occasionally files are marked with incorrect, ENC flags, so it might be worth running Web-If >> Diagnostics >> fixencflags >> Run Diagnostic, this will check to see if the displayed flags are correct

Last edited:
You must have a unique HDR FOX. All audio on Freeview-HD files is aac. The box will convert on playback from the digital outputs to Dolby Digital.
I think you are missing the point here, yes they are converted to Dolby Digital, but whatever format the files are in, they can still contain either 2 channel or multi-channel audio when sourced from a Hi-Def TV channel, so the different audio formats are still present

I think you are missing the point here, yes they are converted to Dolby Digital, but whatever format the files are in, they can still contain either 2 channel or multi-channel audio when sourced from a Hi-Def TV channel, so the different audio formats are still present

There is no ac3 audio in a Freeview-HD file. They contain aac audio - (chosen to simplify Audio description). Copy an unencrypted one to a PC. Look at it with MediaInfo. Try converting to a Foxsat-HDR playable format using AV2HDR and you will have no audio (Freesat boxes do not normally support aac). You have to seperately replace the audio with ac3 (aka Dolby Digital).

Are you saying that the following statement is incorrect ? :- "whatever format the files are in, they can still contain either 2 channel or multi-channel audio when sourced from a Hi-Def TV channel, so the different audio formats are still present"

Are you saying that the following statement is incorrect ? :- "whatever format the files are in, they can still contain either 2 channel or multi-channel audio when sourced from a Hi-Def TV channel, so the different audio formats are still present"

Not at all, just your original post is incorrect and totally misleading. The codec used to compress the digital audio cannot be said to be insignificant. If the device to which the file is being streamed (or directly played back on) does not support the codec and the DLNA server on the source does not re-code on the fly you will get no audio, irrespective of the actual content. I rather imagine that would be a significant issue for most. Instead of pursuing a completely fatuous argument, why don't you do the sensible thing and correct the incorrect information ?

Question for deezel : Were you misled by my comments in #8?

Frankly that is totally pathetic. Your post may not have been misled the OP, who like you does not need to know the difference. The point is others read these threads and could be misled. Strikes me you don't really have a clue about digital audio. The capability to code multiple audio from two discrete channels upwards is shared by many audio codecs (including LPCM, DTS-HD and aothers). If you really had a clue you would know in the period following Freeview-HD launch the late switch from ac3 to aac caught out quite a few box/TV makers at the time whose kit did not comform to the required spec.

It's easily possible to encode 1920 x 1080 more efficiently using HEVC rather than H264/AVC. Just like audio if the kit receiving it does not have the HEVC decoding you get no video. It still has Full-HD video content.

There is only one question you need to answer, does Freeview-HD use ac3 (aka Dolby Digital) encoding ? The number of discrete audio channels that happen to be encoded is frankly totally irrelevant.

To any reasonable person the audio format refers to the codec used to transmit/record the audio and has zero to do with the number of channels it contains.

Simple examples

LPCM, WAV, MPEG1 Layer 2 (MP2), MP3 MPEG1 layer 3, FLAC, AC3, AAC, DTS, DTS-Master Audio, Dolby Atmos and so on.

Last edited:
Back