Streaming to android

deezel

I have posted a similar thread elsewhere but this seems a better place to post it

HDR Fox T2
Custom firmware with auto-unprotect
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Tablet
Mediahouse, vlc media player.

SD files are seen by mediahouse and VLC plays them fine.

Hidef files folders are seen by medihouse but when clicked there is no file seen.

What do I do to the hidef recordings in the webif to make them streamable to android

Stage by stage please

I have the auto-unprotect installed, have enabled the auto-decrypt. Still cannot see the files in mediahouse.

What have I missed?

Where have I gone wrong?

Anyone help?

Who says there's anything wrong at the Humax end?

Hmm, cannot see that accusation in my post in this thread.

If you read my post here you will see I am pointing at myself.

However if there is a bug in the CF tools it wouldn't be the first time that CF for whatever had a bug or two.

Anyways on the constructive side of things can you be of any help?

Last edited:
That the query is posted in the CF section of the forum implies you expect the solution to be in that area.

You took this up in another thread, and I believe somebody reported it works for them, so I don't really know what help you expect. You need to satisfy yourself that decryption etc is correct by accessing and playing the files from another device, and once that is achieved you will have isolated the problem to your tablet. Thereafter, you need to discuss it with people who know the ins and outs of tablets.

That the query is posted in the CF section of the forum implies you expect the solution to be in that area.

You took this up in another thread, and I believe somebody reported it works for them, so I don't really know what help you expect. You need to satisfy yourself that decryption etc is correct by accessing and playing the files from another device, and once that is achieved you will have isolated the problem to your tablet. Thereafter, you need to discuss it with people who know the ins and outs of tablets.

On the first, when I posted the first thread there was a comment from another poster ezra pound who said ....."Ah, I have just realised that your post is in not in the 'Customised Firmware' section of the forum,...... suggesting to me that perhaps this section was the better place to post it so no implication necessarily there.

The second: because someone else has managed to get things to work for them suggests to me contrary to your initial statement that indeed I am doing something wrong.

That is why I asked for a stage to stage course of events to establish if I had made an error in applying the custom tools to the process.

The decryption has worked on the one file I downloaded.

The fact though is that these fox hdr hidef files cannot be seen and therefore cannot be streamed on three different devices which suggests to me that the device is not the problem

Further, some of the recently recorded hiDef files do show and are therefore playable but most don't.

Again, I have enabled auto decrypt on the media folder which I assume means all recordings yet when accessing new individual files in webif I can see that they are not marked as decrypted and that using opt+, decryption is on offer which I then use, the file is decrypted, is then marked as such yet still not does not show on three other devices from the hdr as a server

So I d/l that particular file to a PC then it streams to my tablet but cannot be seen when the hdr is used as the server.

Ok, the file is decrypted. So why is it unavailable from the hdr as a server yet is available from the PC. ?

Last edited:
Decryption is not necessary for DLNA streaming, which is what I presume you are trying to do. auto-unprotect is necessary for DLNA streaming of HiDef recordings to non-approved (ie non-Humax) clients.

To confirm that the DLNA server (which maintains its own index independent of the file system) is properly up-to-date, use the menus to:

Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = OFF

...then on the WebIF diagnostics page, use the DLNA tools to clear the database. Return to the menu to turn sharing on again, and the index will be rebuilt.

Once all that is definitely OK, you are down to how your external devices receive and interpret the information to present to the user. To investigate what the server serves up (as it were), try UPnP Inspector (see HERE - click).

With regard to this being the right place, that rather depends what you are asking about. CF decryption is thoroughly proven, so really we are debugging either your use of it or the ability of your tablet to do what you want.

Again and further and curiouser, as said, a new file recorded does not auto-decrypt as it is set to do from marking auto-decrypt for the whole media folder. I then choose manually to decrypt this file which it does. It is marked as Dec and I download it to PC where it is accessible and playable streaming to android. Ok, I re-boot the HDR and low and behold the new file now shows in the android software ( mediahouse) on my tab. However it is NOT the decrypted file but the 'original' folder which now plays on the tab. I will try your suggestions tomorrow but this just seems to get more tangled

Black hole says : "With regard to this being the right place, that rather depends what you are asking about. CF decryption is thoroughly proven, so really we are debugging either your use of it or the ability of your tablet to do what you want."

I thought what I was asking has been made relatively clear

Well yes and no, debugging my use maybe, probably.

Since its three other devices which are having trouble the ability of the tab is not up for question IMHO as all three work seamlessly with all other servers bar the HDR

Last edited:
Have just come across this thread so I thought I'd post my set up.

2 x HDRFOXT2, 1 x HDFOXT2. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1" tablet.

Both HDRFOXT2s have the usual decrypt packages on them.
I have X Plore (file explorer) on my tablet so I can see both HDR hard drives on the network and I use MX Player to play the ts files.

Clicking on the ts files and I can stream to my tablet.

HD files take time to load and lose sync if the "advance" button is used. Also the picture breaks up for a split second every now and then.

SD files stream fine to the tablet when MX Player is the default player.
Moving along the timeline is also possible but takes around 5 - 10 seconds to kick in.

I usually transfer the SD ts files from my HDRs to my tablet for the train journey into work.

Back