Streaming to PC

adam

I've recently bought an HDR-Fox-T2. I have a few TV's around the house, most of which are connected to PC's (I am/was a big Media Center user).

Is it possible for the PC's to play content stored on the Fox via the network? Maybe via DNLA? SD only would be fine, I'm aware about issues with HD rights.

In the same vain, I've heard that the HD-Fox can play media from any(?) HDR's on the network. Can Humax devices share between T2 and S2 devices? I'm considering adding a FoxSat HDR, but it only really makes sense for me if I can share recorded content on other devices.

Thanks.

Is it possible for the PC's to play content stored on the Fox via the network? Maybe via DNLA? SD only would be fine, I'm aware about issues with HD rights.
With the current software the answer is no as the HDR is a DLNA client not a server. The eagerly awaited new software will provide DLNA server functionality; exactly what that will allow is not clear to me but opens up lots of possibilities.
In the same vain, I've heard that the HD-Fox can play media from any(?) HDR's on the network.
Again not at the moment but I think you can confidently expect this to work when the new software is available.

I don't know about the FOXSAT products; hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will comment.

Thanks for the info. Not being especially bothered by iPlayer support, I wasn't as impatient for the new firmware as some... Now I am ;)

Thanks for the info. Not being especially bothered by iPlayer support, I wasn't as impatient for the new firmware as some... Now I am ;)
Don't get your hopes up too high, features move in and out of betas so there is no gaurantee of anything until it arrives.

Back