Streaming

Paul Butt

Is it my imaginationtion or are TV companies streaming programmes more and more.? Also taling about streaming, on the FVP-4000T the channel 'Planet Knowledge where is the thin to subscribe as it says , you are able to? Finally I see there's a BT showcase on the STB does that mean you are able to get BT channels? if not why is it on there.

There is no less broadcast content, but there are more and more Internet TV services (Netflix etc). The point is that it is easier to reach the small percentage willing to pay for TV but spread globally (while bunging up the Internet for those of us who only use it for web browsing).

BT Showcase is (I believe) only available to BT TV subscribers (either that or it acts as an advertising channel for prospective BT TV customers).

on the FVP-4000T the channel 'Planet Knowledge where is the thin to subscribe as it says , you are able to?
If the FVP-4000T is compatable it will be in the top right hand corner of the TV screen. The website says it is captioned 'Account' but the intro video on their freeview channel has it has 'My Account' on what appears to be a Samsung TV.

Finally I see there's a BT showcase on the STB does that mean you are able to get BT channels? if not why is it on there.
It is a BT promotional channel and mainly promotes BT Sport. It curently takes the form of BT Sport advertising rather than showing any sample programmes.
BT have recently rejigged their freeview advertising channels and you may need to retune if you are curious. Channel 115 is the only active "BT Showcase" channel and is available on COM7 only.
If you do decide you want BT Sport or BT TV then you won't be able to get them through your FVP-4000T.

I take it the Freeview element is a data service and the content is delivered by Internet?
The Bt's channel on 115 is aerial only.
Freeview, by definition, is a Terrestrial OTA TV service. ;)
The freeview epg has about a dozen channels that are streaming. Thus Paul's initial questions about streaming channels on the FVP-4000T.

Back