Stuck EPG entries

phit03

After using Visual Schedule to remove a couple of programs from the schedule I ended up with 2 entries in the EPG, highlighted in red, that I could do nothing with.

I would have expected them to return to normal entries that I could then add back into the schedule if required. Instead, when clicked, the only option available was "close".

The only way I could return them to this state was to to remove what I thought might be associated entries from the schedule.

Does anyone know of a better way to investigate this sort of situation and to return errant EPG entries back to a normal status?

The only suspicious thing I found were an entries in the Nugget log saying that the schedule failed to load, but it appeared to recover.

4203[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:51 2020: schedule reload complete (88).
4202[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:51 2020: Re-loading schedule database (88).
4201[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:50 2020: schedule.save - wait(1).
4200[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:49 2020: schedule.save - wait(1).
4199[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:48 2020: Deferred thread starting for '88:+57' (attempt 1)
4198[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:48 2020: Schedule failed to reload, deferring.
4197[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:48 2020: NULL database handle.
4196[nugget]: Sat Nov 28 14:48:48 2020: Schedule load failed.

Probably a red herring.

Webif EPG entries will be shown in red if the episode won't be recorded because it has been marked for skipping or previously recorded.

It is not an error

If you do want those episodes to be recorded you can 'Refresh events' on the schedule opt+ menu

Yes, I read that as well but I've changed my mind and no longer want to skip it. There's no entry in Visual Schedule to enable me to do this.

I've removed the other programs that were conflicting with it so how can I re-insert it into the schedule?

I assumed that the EPG entry would be returned to normal.

I got round it eventually by removing the series from the schedule and adding it back again, is this the only way to do it?

I read that as well but I've changed my mind and no longer want to skip it. There's no entry in Visual Schedule to enable me to do this.
"Refresh events" is also available on the More button on Visual schedule (choose any episode of the series)
It removes all scheduled and skipped episodes and it can take a few minutes before the Humax repopulates the series.
There is no option to un-skip a single episode

Ah, I thought that I would be able to add the episode back as a single program entry from the EPG so I was looking at trying to unset the skipped episode in the EPG as there was no entry for the skipped episode available in the Visual schedule.
I hadn't thought of taking a different approach to it. I had noticed the "Refresh Events" under More but it did not make sense at the time so I ignored it. Now I think about it it makes sense to "refresh the series" to reset it.
I don't normally deliberately add a third program when scheduling, it was an experiment, so haven't come across this before.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Back