Stuck. Password for webif via ip address

Dumski

I bought a 2nd hand machine off eBay to replace my HDR-T2.

Installed the custom firmware. Used fine for a couple of weeks then realised I hadn’t set up to record remotely.

My email address when I logged into rs.hpkg.tv was still linked to the old humax.

Went and had a look around and thought I’d sorted it but.

Now I can’t get back on to the webif. Haven’t a clue what my username and password are.

Wnat am I doing wrong? How can I reset it?
Thanks

My email address when I logged into rs.hpkg.tv was still linked to the old humax.
That shouldn't matter, you can just register another machine to the same account (I have four machines registered to my RS account).

Now I can’t get back on to the webif. Haven’t a clue what my username and password are.
I don't think your RS credentials have anything to do with local WebIF access, unless you thought they did and you've done something silly.

How can I reset it?
Presuming you really have set a WebIF password: use Telnet to access the maintenance console (Telnet menu) and use the preset option to remove WebIF password.

unless you thought they did and you've done something silly.
It’s quite likely. I may have been tipsy

That shouldn't matter, you can just register another machine to the same account (I have four machines registered to my RS account).

I don't think your RS credentials have anything to do with local WebIF access, unless you thought they did and you've done something silly.

Presuming you really have set a WebIF password: use Telnet to access the maintenance console (Telnet menu) and use the preset option to remove WebIF password.
And if I have no clue about telnet where should I start?

Back