STV HD.

lendafender

I'm having trouble picking up STV in HD. I have been able to manually tune in ITV HD to the non-freesat channels, but can't get STV.

My main stubling block is that the Foxsat-HDR does not allow me to manually enter the details of a transponder; it just seems to list ones it already knows of.

So I select "10936 V 22000 A", which bears the closest resemblence to the transponder I'm looking for, but it picks up no channels.
The list of free to air channels on wikipedia leads me to believe I need "10936 V 23000 8/9"

From what I've been able to figure, most of the details seem to be fine; The Frequency of 10936, vertically polarized, and I'm assuming the A is for Automatic FEC detection.
The symbol rate, however is 22000 instead of 23000.

Is there any way around this? Since the transponder also seems to carry Meridian(s)HD and Central(w)HD variations, I'd have thought this could have come up before.
I have installed the custom firmware if this is of any relevance.

I am wary this could be a problem with my dish. It's maybe 10 years old and I've been on cable for a few years. Before that, it was used Sky but only in SD.

any input would be appreciated, even if anyone could report their findings of a manual scan of 10936 V 23000 8/9.

(edited; Did some research and hopefully made this post read less n00b-ish)

I cannot help much with this, but merely confirm the data you have quoted for the transponder (three different authorities agree). Symbol rate of 22000 is only suitable for SD.
It is extremely unlikely to be a problem with your dish or LNB - otherwise you'd have more trouble with other transponders and stations.

The transponder I believe to be carrying STV HD is 10936 V 23000 8/9, which would be consistent with what you say.

The problem is that when I select 10936hz within manual tuning.. the symbol rate, polarization and FEC are fixed at incorrect values and I see no way to change them

I'm now retrospectively deeming my own thread as a case of RTFM.
I'd delete this thread out of embarrassment but now that it's here I might as well add a few bits of info for anyone else here in Scotland who wants to access STV HD.

Though my box didn't actually come with a manual, I googled and found a PDF.
pg52: "If the transponder you require is not listed, select user defined" ...at the bottom of a very very long list.
I then was able to find STV HD where wikipedia said it would be at 10936 V 23000 8/9

Another problem then arose; No EPG info! no now & next and it's simply listed as its network ID: 3855!
A little more research on the Freesat website tells me that STV HD is not actually in the freesat EPG!

Using the webif channel editor in Raydon's custom firmware, I've been able to rename the channel and set it to behave as a freesat channel.
Program information is also coming in piece by piece, so it's a pretty good solution.
It does make me wonder how little work it would actually take for Freesat to add this as an official channel, or whether they are waiting on extra payout from STV before it's done.

I'm now retrospectively deeming my own thread as a case of RTFM.
I'd delete this thread out of embarrassment but now that it's here I might as well add a few bits of info for anyone else here in Scotland who wants to access STV HD.

Though my box didn't actually come with a manual, I googled and found a PDF.
pg52: "If the transponder you require is not listed, select user defined" ...at the bottom of a very very long list.
I then was able to find STV HD where wikipedia said it would be at 10936 V 23000 8/9

For future reference, if you press left after pressing right to get to the first transponder in the list then you go straight to the add transponder screen.

Back