Sub-title problem

penshaw

I have been unable to make the sub-titles work with a film stored on the internal HDD

The film is stored as abcde.avi and this plays o.k. on its own.

The Sub-title file is stored as abcde.srt in the same directory as the film (but it cannot be seen in the directory).

I've switched on subtitles in the main settings but still the sub-titles do not show.

If I play the same two files on my PC, the sub-titles work fine.

Can anyone help with this.

Thank you

I'm not sure that the Humax handles subtitles that are help in *.srt files. Subtitles work for recorded programmes, but they don't use the *.srt format

I have tried this out by creating a *.srt file and adding it to a *.AVI and a *.MP4 file but neither displayed any subtitles, I'm not sure where the screen capture in your #3 link comes from, it shows an OPT+ Subtitles option on screen, but that doesn't look like an HDR-Fox T2 option to me, there is a dedicated Subtitles Button on the remote, but I can't see any OPT+ Subtitles option

Thanks for that.

Yes, if I press the 'OPT' option whilst playing a film I get the 'No Entry Sign'

I'm not sure who produced that wiki but I have posted this subtitle problem on the myhumax forum, so I'll see what response I get from that.

Back