Subtitles when playing video file from external drive?

atb

Hello
is it possible or could it be possible to display subtitles from a .srt file when playing a .avi or .mp4 from network storage. If the .srt file has the same name as the video file and in the same folder.

Is this something that the custom firmware can/could do?

ta

No.

I don't know much about subtitles, but it's not something the CF could help with. There has been discussion about using them (as a native Humax function) before though, if you search the forum. Forum search tips HERE (click).

Thanks for your response.
I did search the forum and the wiki but I didn't find any information that answered my question.
...which is why I asked the question here.

Are you using Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network to access your NAS? If so, you are reliant on the DLNA client to play your files - and the client is more limited in its capability than if the files are played locally. Are you able to get the results you want if the files are on a USB drive/stick, accessed by Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB? If you are, then we can help you to access your NAS the same way (and achieve the same capability).

Googling "site:hummy.tv/forum srt" gets loads of hits.

Hello
is it possible or could it be possible to display subtitles from a .srt file when playing a .avi or .mp4 from network storage. If the .srt file has the same name as the video file and in the same folder.

ta
Yes it can. Installnetwork-shares-automount. Then configure it. Then press media\blue button \usb\nas then navigate to the film folder with srt it will play subtitles via opt+ button.

Reactions: atb
so if I just transfer the video file along with its .srt file via FTP to the hdr-fox t2s own HDD and play it from there it will display the subtitles?

Back