Subtitles when 're-winding' live TV

WightWalker

I'm sure this never used to happen, but if I rewind live TV to catch something that I've missed, I get subtitles displayed which, because of the time lag, is somewhat annoying.

If I press the 'subtitle' button on the remote it states that subtitles are not available in this mode & subtitle disappear until I click OK to exit the dialogue box.

I don't get this problem when rewinding a recorded program.

Any ideas

It's a damn annoying 'feature' of the Foxsat. You can get rid of it, but I can't remember how, but they just come back after a while. Press 'Exit' to switch them off.

Exit Exit clears it temporarily. Why Humax never fixed this I cannot guess. I see it as a bug rather than a feature. It clearly wasn't intended as a feature.

Bug? Yes I agree. I did put the word 'feature' in single quotes Mike. It's most annoying.

They have had plenty of updates to put it right, but seem more keen on the next box, with new features and bugs. Now, where have I seen that pattern before? :(

TomTom sat navs

Haha! I used to mark mistakes on the mapping and submit them to Tomtom. Funny that none of them ever got incorporated into the next map update, which overwrote all my corrections. (Missing roads, bollarded dead ends not marked as such, tracks marked as roads, missing roundabouts, missing bans on right turns, missing traffic gates, etc.)

Toggling subtitles on and off again on effected channels while viewing live clears the subtitle issue except for some reason channels moved by customise channels.

I sort of agree GLT but I've done the above loads of times and they always seem to re-appear after a while.

What? Permanently? I don't think so.

Not seen the subtitles for months on my Foxsat. Try toggling the overall option on and off before doing the same on an affected channel. It seems to be the individual channel and global channel options get out of synch somehow.

If you wait for the on screen progress display to go then one press of exit is needed.

Well, I gave it another go, and so far it has worked, surviving several pauses.:) Don't know about long term though.

Back